Rafe

Request by chase_yuh

Rafe pov
I stared at the ring for minutes. I wanted to propose to y/n. Hell it felt like I needed to propose to her. However there was that lingering thought in the back of my head that just kept saying, what if she says no? What if she runs away from you and I never see her again?
"Sarah?" I yelled anxiously as my thoughts got the best of me.
"What Rafe?" She asked as she appeared at my bedroom door. "Woah! Who's ring is that?" She asked wife eyed and came into my room. She picked the velvet box up and held it close to her face to look at the diamond ring.
"It's uh for y/n." I said scratching the back of my head. "I'm just really nervous to ask her." I said to my younger sister. Sarah set the box down and looked to me.
"She'd be stupid to say no." Sarah laughed. "Don't be nervous ok? She is in love with you!" Sarah beamed. "She's always wanting to be with you and I know she sees a future with you." She added on with a big smile.
"I see a future with her too." I mumbled. "Should I ask her on our date? Would that he romantic enough?" I asked worried.
"Y/n isn't one for big romantic gestures you know that. Where's your date?" Sarah asked.
"We're just going to the wreck and get dinner." I shrugged. We've been together for coming on five years now so some of our dates weren't very big. Just simple dinners or a night on the beach.
"Ok so after dinner or before ask her. Get a table on the patio so you can see the sun setting." Sarah beamed with excitement.
"Rafe!" Y/n voice broke sarah and I conversation apart. "I'm here let's go!" She called from downstairs.
"Go!" Sarah said pulling me up from my bed. Before I was pushed out of my room by her I grabbed the box and shoved it in my pocket.
"Coming!" I called as I jogged down the spiral staircase.
"Hey babe." She said once I came into her view.
"Hey beautiful." I said getting to the last step and kissing her lips. "You good to go?" I asked her. She gave me a nod and led the way out of the house.
"So where to for our date?" She asked as we climbed into my truck.
"The wreck." I shrugged.
"Yay I love their chicken tenders." She smiled.
"Baby you love any restaurants chicken tenders it's your favorite food." I laughed at her.
"So what?" She joked with a laugh. "There good and put some ranch or ketchup with them and it's perfect." She said.
"Well I think I'm just gonna get their burger." I said.
"They've got a new one with bacon and avocado, you should try that one." Y/n said as she grabbed her phone to check it. That did sound good. Y/n was perfect for me. She new exactly my favorite things and always made sure I was ok. When we met I was struggling with my coke addiction and she helped me a lot through it. Like before she's always suggesting I try this or go do that and she says I'll love it and every time she is right.

"Hi table for two." Y/n said to the hostess.
"Ok would you guys like to sit outside or inside?" She asked.
"Outside." I said quickly.
"Of course." The hostess said and led us to our table on the patio.
"Why'd you wanna sit outside?" Y/n asked. "I'm not complaining it's just normally we sit inside." She said sitting across from me.
"Oh well I thought the sky was pretty tonight we can watch it and eat." I shrugged trying to play it off. She seemed to believe me as she gave me a nod and looked at the drink menu.
"I'm gonna get a beer." She said folding up the menu.
"Babe we're not 21." I said confused at how she was gonna get a beer here.
"That's not what my ID says." She smirked at me. I rolled my eyes playfully at her.
"Hi, my names Amy I'll be your waitress can I start you off with some drinks?" Our waiter said coming up to us.
"Hi can I please have a miller light." Y/n smiled up at our waitress.
"Yes can I see some ID please?" She asked back. I watched the exchange and soon enough y/n had a miller light in her hands.
"Want a sip?" She asked me holding the bottle out. I nodded and grabbed it.
"I can't believe you drink this." I said handing it back to her. "There's better beers out there then this." I said to her. She shrugged.
"It's also the cheapest one they've got here." She said pointing the bottle at me.
"Babe get anything you want. I'll pay for anything you know that." I sighed.
"I know but I still feel bad." She said.
I placed my hand on her here that rested in the table.
"Don't ok?" I said to her. She gave me a nod yes. "I also need to ask you something." I said moving my hands to my lap and sitting up. She looked at me confused.
"Ok go ahead." She said still confused.
I moved up from my seat and got done on one knee in front of her. Her hands flew to her mouth in shock. Tears looked to almost fall from her eyes immediately.
"Y/n. For almost five years you and I have been through thick and thin. I can thank you enough for putting up with me but I love so much and I want to ask you. Will you marry me?" I asked opening the little box.
"Yes! Oh my gosh yes!" She cried and put out her shaky hand. I placed the ring on her finger and stood up. Clapping came from around us from the other customers. I immediately pulled her into a kiss and a hug.
"Holy shit." She said wiping her eyes when I pulled away from her slightly. We still stood there holding each other. "I love you." She said breathlessly and kissed me deeply. Her lips tasted like the coconut lip gloss she always uses.
"I love you so much more fiancé." I smiled down at her once we broke apart.