Pope

Y/n pov
I looked in my mirror for probably the 20th time in the last few minutes. Pope was taking me out on a date tonight, and I wanted to look my best. We were going to some restaurant downtown.
"Y/n you look fine." Kiara laughed as she sat on my bed. She helped me get around for tonight.
"You sure? You don't think the necklace is to flashy right?" I asked.
"No. Now you need to go or you'll be late." She said pointing to my door. I did one last glance in the mirror. I smiled to myself and walked out my door.
I was meeting Pope at the restaurant. Kiaras car was parked right next to mine. Starting the car up I was off to downtown outerbanks.

Downtown was much nicer then the cut of course. People were here and there walking around. Lights strung up along the street. I stood outside my car waiting for Pope to arrive.
"Hey y/n." A voice said behind me. Turning around I saw Rafe and topper. Do they ever leave me alone? God it's like their always there pestering you.
"Hi." I mumbled out but turned back around. I didn't want anything to do with them. They were assholes who liked to hurt us pogues for entertainment.
"Oh come on don't be so shy." Rafe said as they stood in front of me now. Rolling my eyes I looked up at them.
"What do you want?" I asked. I was begging that Pope would be here soon.  I would for sure lose a fight against these boys.
"We just wanted to know why your out here? By yourself...." Topper trailed off and grabbed a piece of my hair then let it go.
"Y/n." I heard popes voice ask. I saw pope standing off to the side of me. Quickly he came up and wrapped an arm around my waist.
"Well nice talking to you boys, but we're gonna go now." I said and tried to pull Pope along. I wanted to get inside the restaurant so they couldn't do anything to us. However Rafe pulled popes shoulder back which made me stumble back a couple step.
"What the hell!" Pope exclaimed mad.
"Listen we just wanted to talk to our dear friend y/n." Rafe smirked my way. Years ago I was friends with them. We were kids and at that age no one cared about social status. Then we grew up and they started to hate me because I was a pogue, not a kook like them.
"We're not friends idiot." I said annoyed to him.
"Well she doesn't want to talk to you anyways." Pope said angrily. I watched the two kooks laugh at him.
"Oh really?" Topper asked and pulled me into him. I struggled to get away but he had a strong grip on me.
"Let her go." Pope growled at the boys.
"Topper what the fuck!" I exclaimed trying to get out of his grip.
"Hmmm? No." Rafe said. Not even a second later pope lunged his body at Rafe. Sending a punch to his face.
"Pope!" I exclaimed worried for my boyfriend. Pope was strong, but he wasn't as strong as Rafe. Not just that but Rafe was years older then us!
"You Asshole!" Pope yelled and was flipped over by Rafe.
"Stop! Rafe stop it!" I cried and tried to get out of topper hold. I could hear pope grunting in pain and watched the two fight.
"You dirty pogues!" Rafe yelled. "You really think y/n loves you huh? Not after I beat your ass pogue!" Rafe grunted as he punched pope again.
"Hey what's going on here!" A voice yelled a little ways away. Rafe immediately stopped and I stopped struggling in toppers arm. We all tuned to look at this man.
"Top run." Rafe said and they ran off. I fell to the ground once topper let me go.
"What is going on here?" A man asked us.
"We're ok sir. They just got mad at us. We're going to go home now." I said trying to get him to leave us be. He looked at my skeptically but left after a little stair down with me. Thank god, I didn't want the cops to be called.
"Pope! Baby." I exclaimed holding his head on my lap. He was moaning in pain.
"Come on lets get you home." I told him and tried to help him up. We took my car back to my house. My parents weren't home while popes was and we couldn't let anyone know what happened. We had planned to get popes car tomorrow once we woke up.
"Sit here." I told him as I pointing to the couch. I grabbed an ice pack and some washcloths and water.
"This might hurt." I told him softly as I pressed the wet washcloth to his lip. He now sported a few bruises, a cut on the lip and a small cut on his cheek.
"I'm sorry." He mumbled as I continued to fix him up.
"For what?" I asked confused and pulled my hand back to look at him.
He let out a sigh. "I just wanted to protect you. I guess when topper grabbed you something just went off in my head." He said sadly.
"Pope." I sighed. "I'm not mad at you, I'm actually glad of what you did. Hell im thankful for what you did, of course I'm pissed that they hurt you but you stood up for me. No ones ever done that for me before." I told him as I grabbed his hand. He smiled at me and brushed some hair out of my face.
"Well id do it again if they ever come near you. I'm also sorry the date was ruined." He sighed. I chuckled and kissed his good cheek.
"It's not ruined! We'll have a date here! We can make some cookies." I said to him with a smile. I wanted him to cheer up. We couldn't dwell on what the kooks did tonight. I wanted a date with my boyfriend and I wasn't gonna let them ruin it.
"Sounds perfect." He said smiling at me and moved to sit up more on the couch.
"And pope." I told him before he moved to get up. He looked back at me.
"What baby?" He asked concerned.
"Thank you for protecting me." I told him sincerely.
"It's my job. I'll always keep you safe." He said wrapping his arms around my body. Even this far into our relationship I got butterflies when he touched me. I leaned up to kiss his lips.
"Ow." He hissed in pain, pulling away quickly.
"I'm sorry!" I said freaking out. I forgot about the cut on his lip. He let a tiny chuckle.
"It's alright. Just maybe no kisses for the next two days." He said. I pouted at his request. I couldn't go two days without kissing him.
"Ok fine, one day." He laughed. I smiled up at him with a cheer.
"Love you." I said kissing his cheek this time.
"I love you too." He said and pulled me into the kitchen to make some cookies.