Topper

Y/n pov
"Here's your water." Kiara said coming back to us.
"Thank you." I smiled at her and grabbed my water from her hands. It was the summer movie night and Kiara has me, JJ and pope go. The three started their own conversation but I tried to block them out. The movie was started and it was on of my favorites. Night Of The Museum. My dad always watched it with me growing up. For years when I was younger I wanted a pet monkey like the one in the movie.
"God can they do anything by themselves?" Kiara scoffed pulling me out of my thoughts as I watched the movie. 
"What?" I asked looking to her confused. She rolled her eyes and looked to me.
"Did you not listen to anything we said earlier?" She asked. I shook my head no. Kie let out a deep sigh. "The boys went the bathroom and were all freaking out about it." She said and went on to tell me what happened with Rafe when she got us our drinks.
"So you think Rafe, Kelce and Topper are going to what? Beat them up?" I asked shocked. I figured Rafe and kelce would but why would topper.
For months now topper and I have been dating in secret. The first thing he promised me was he wouldn't mess with my friends anymore. He couldn't promise for Rafe or kelce but I understand that.
"Topper won't do shit." I said trying to be sly and not admit anything. Kie looked at me like I had two heads.
"Yeah? Well there back-." She was saying and turned around but she stopped talking. Her mouth still open and she still was turned back in her seat. I turned my neck to see no topper, Rafe or kelce.
"Kie?" I asked her. She looked at me quickly and stood up.
"Follow me." She said and grabbed JJ bag as she weaves her way through the crowd. We made it to the back of the big movie screen. What I saw in front of me made me want to scream, cry, yell, punch anything.
"Stop it!" Kiara yelled and got on toppers back. He shoved her off and then continued punching and kicking Pope. As I was about to say something I saw Rafe start choking JJ. That was the last straw for me. I ran as fast as I could and tackled Rafe to the ground. He was caught off guard and stumbled over with me.
"You bitch!" He seethed. He shoved me away and went back to punching JJ. I know I shouldn't do it but I did anyways. I got up and moved right in front of JJ. Rafes fist collided with my jaw. I let out a grunt and stumbled backwards.
It went silent around us group of teenagers the movie being the only sound.
"I said don't hurt the girls!" Topper said and shoved Rafe out of no where. "Shit baby are you ok? Fuck of course you're not." Top said coming up to me quickly and grabbed my face in his hands.
"What the hell is going on?" Kiara said getting my attention. I took a step back from topper and looked at the pogues and kooks around us.
"You two?" Kelce said pointing between us. "Are what? Dating?" He asked with a chuckle. I looked to topper and back to kelce quickly.
"Yeah." Topper mumbled. We both didn't want people to find out because they would just make fun of us or hate us.
"You're dating a fucking pogue?" Rafe said angrily and stepped towards us. However JJ got between him and I.
"Don't touch her." JJ said standing up for me. Something the kooks never had was the help from their friends. Us picked stood up for one another like we were all siblings.
"JJ it's alright." I said to him and looked to Rafe.
"We've been um dating for a while now." I said glancing to everyone.
"You've got to be kidding me?" Pope said. I looked at him confused. He wasn't one to get angry like this.
"Their the ones who fucking hurt me on the golf course y/n!" He said angrily. I looked at him confused. The golf course?
"Wait what?" I asked confused.
"Your fucking boyfriend and Rafe jumped Pope." JJ grumbled. I looked up at topper with tears in my eyes and sadness in my face. He promised to never hurt my friends.
"Is it true?" I asked him. He looked so lost.
"I- I tried to stop him." Topper said pointing to Rafe.
"Listen." I said to everyone and stopping topper from going on. "I want the exact story. Rafe did topper hurt Pope?" I asked him. He gave me a nod. "Pope?" I asked turning my attention to him. He also gave me a nod. "What exactly did he do?" I asked. I wanted the whole story. "Rafe kept punching me. Kicking me and hitting me with the golf club. Topper shoved me but that was it." He said looking from me to the ground.
"So you sunk toppers boat because he shoved you but Rafe, the one who really did the damage got nothing?" I asked a little pissed. I was so conflicted on who's side to take.
"Shut up y/n." Rafe growled at me.
"Back off Rafe." Topper said getting in front of me. He was pissed if Rafe hurt me again. I knew it took a lot for topper to not lash out on him for hitting me.
"Babe stop it." I said calmly and grabbed his arm.
"Y/n are you still gonna be with him?" Kiara asked me in complete shock. I looked her in the eyes and gave her a nod.
"I know what he did and I'm not forgiving him for him and I'm definitely not ever going to forget it but guys we've done a lot of bad shit to them also. I'm not gonna say all the bad shit us pogues did and what the kooks did but I'm really sorry guys. I can't just let topper go. I can't let my friends go either." I said looking between them all.
It was silent for a while until pope came up to me. "I hate them. I really fucking hate them but your my best friend and I can't hate you for liking him. I'm not that kind of person." He said giving me a tiny little smile. A big smile grew in my face and I hugged him.
"Thank you." I whispered into his ear.
"He's right." JJ said getting my attention.
"Yeah I guess he's right." Kie mumbled also. I gave them each a smile.
"Apologize." I said looking at topper and his friends.
"The fuck I am not apologizing." Rafe said angrily.
"Dude." Topper grumbled. Before Rafe or kelce could say anything they both walked away and back to thier cars. I wasn't surprised that they wouldn't apologize really.
"I'm Uh sorry. For letting him do that and for hurting you." Topper said to Pope. Pope just nodded and took a step back.
"And...?" I said I new topper wanted to say more. He let out a sigh.
"Thank you for not hating y/n. Hate me all you want but I just don't want her to lose her friends. You guys mean a lot to her and just so you know, I'll try my hardest to get the charges dropped." Topper said. I gave him a smile.
"Can we be civil?" I asked them all.
They all agreed but I could tell it was hard for them all. "I'm gonna go back to toppers, see you guys tomorrow ok?" I told the pogues. They nodded and walked off by themselves.
"I really thought it was gonna go so much worse." I joked with topper. He laughed and pulled me into his arms.
"Sorry, I didn't mean to let it out by the way." He said referring to earlier. I shrugged.
"They would've found out eventually." I said leaning my head on his chest as we hugged.
"Does that mean we can kiss whenever?" He asked pulling away from me. It caused me to look up at him.
"Yes. We can kiss whenever." I chuckled. Immediately his lips met mine when I said that. I could get used to this. Kissing whenever and wherever we want now