Topper

Y/n pov
"Man that party was insane." Topper said to Rafe. Topper, my boyfriend, Rafe and I were all going golfing today.
"Ya it was." Rafe laughed as they walked in front of me.
"Dude the first thought when I did the line was bro do we have enough!" Topper laughed along with Rafe as they got ready to golf. I rolled my eyes at his comment. I knew he did the coke and I new Rafe did to, but I couldn't do anything about it. I didn't want to lose topper, as long as he doesn't put the drugs over me then I'm fine.
"It's crazy." Topper sighed as he kicked at the sand.
"I know right." Rafe said as he got ready to swing.
"Really guys?" I sighed as I stood here with a hand on my hip.
"You know y/n you could always try some." Rafe smirked my way and looked back at his golf ball.
"No no." Topper said. "It's not a good thing really." Topper mumbled out. I knew he was trying to protect me from it. I appreciated him for that. I gave him a light smile to reassure him.
"I'm good Rafe." I said as I watched him hit the ball and it flew through the air.
"Nice." Rafe mumbled to himself.
"Hey come on now!" An old man yelled to us as Rafes ball went their way and almost hit them.
"Hey shut up!" Rafe yelled back to the old man.
"Rafe!" I scolded him. "Sorry sir!" I yelled back to the man. He just waved us off dismissively.
"Woah woah woah." Rafe said as turned to hand topper the gold club.
"What?" Topper and I asked and turned to see where he was looking.
"I don't think he's a member, do you?" Rafe asked sarcastically. Shit was about to go down. Rafe and topper couldn't stand the pogues, while I tolerated them. I didn't really know any of them.
"I-it's fine, just let him go." Topper said turning to grab my hand. However Rafe didn't stop looking at Pope, who was carrying groceries.
"Rafe come on let's go get your ball." I sighed trying to pull him away.
"Bro, he put a gun to your head." Rafe said as he leaned on his gold club.
"That's fine. That's fine." Topper said trying to get Rafe to leave Pope alone. I knew pope from school and I was glad that topper was standing up for the kid. Pope was always nice to me. Rafe stood there thinking for a moment but then quickly walked to Pope.
"Rafe!" I yelled trying to follow him.
"Rafe! Rafe! Let's get your ball!" Topper yelled to him and followed after him.
"Hey what's up man." Rafe said as he confronted Pope. Topper and I stood a couple steps behind him. Rafe looked like he was in a mission. A mission to beat this poor kids ass. "Hey how much for one of those beers?" Rafe asked and pointed to the box Pope was holding.
Pope has a look of worry and fear on his face. "There not for sale." Pope mumbled. Rafe moved and stopped the boy from walking.
"Topper." I groaned and tried to get him to get Rafe to leave.
"Wait wait wait, you can just give us one then right?" Rafe asked and held his golf club across popes body.
Topper moved to stand next to Rafe and I watched pope take a could steps back.
"Or you can order one like everyone else." Pope said.
"Guys he's right. I'll pay for all the beers you want just let's go." I said trying to bribe them to leave.
"Y/n shut up." Rafe said annoyed with me. I waited for topper to stand up for me, but nothing happened. I was pissed now. At what the boys were doing but bow topper didn't stand up for me to Rafe.
"Listen. Wait, wait, Your not listening to me. Um. You've got so many, and we've got nothing." Rafe said and shrugged his shoulders.
"Ya nothin." Topper joined in when Rafe looked towards him.
"Their not mine and their already paid for."Pope said.
"Already paid for? I bet you stole them." Rafe said and hit the grocery bags with his club.
"What the hell man!" Pope exclaimed mad. "You owe me for that!" He yelled.
"Dude, I don't owe you shit pogue." Rafe said stalking towards pope.
"Buy your own shit!" Pope said pushing him away.
"Hey come on man, we just want one of these beers. Just give us one of these!" Topper said and started to fight with Pope.
"Topper! Stop!" I exclaimed worried for both boys.
"You guys are crazy." Pope mumbled as he struggled to fight against topper.
Topper then pushed Pope and I watched him stumble to the ground and groan in pain.
"Pope!" I exclaimed. I went to move towards him to help but topper pulled me back.
"Shit. My bad man." Topper said to him.
Pope stood up, I could tell it was painful, then all of a sudden he charged at Rafe. Rafe however being much stronger rand bigger pushed him and then hit him with his club.
"Hey man Rafe!" Topper said shocked by the actions of his best friend.
"Rafe what the hell!" I yelled.
"Stay down bitch." Rafe yelled standing over Pope.
"Hey Rafe! Let's go! Let's go!" Topper said pushing him back away from Pope.
I watched the two boys struggle for a moment and pope groan on the ground in pain.
"Hey we don't want you here man. Go back to your side of the island." Rafe said slapping popes face. "Stay off figure 8 pogue." He added.
"See ya." Rafe chuckled as he walked away. "Top, y/n let's go." Rafe said and stopped for a moment to wait for us. Topper stood there shocked but reluctantly moved over to Rafe.
"No." I said. I was going to cry any moment. They shouldn't have done what they just did, and topper. I really was done with him now.
"Y/n come on." Rafe groaned and walked back over.
"No rafe! Topper you and I? Done. Over, got that? What the fuck is wrong with you boys!" I yelled at them and moved to bend down to Pope. I held his face as he groaned in pain. I was trying to see his wounds.
"Y/n. Baby come on." Topper said trying to play it off. I turned back around and glared at him.
"Leave. Now! Or I'll call the cops." I threatened them. My dad was the chief police officer here. No me dared to fuck with me knowing my dad would put them in jail so quick. Rafe however was stupid and did this anyways.
"Topper let's go." Rafe mumbled and pulled him away. I went back to Pope and helped him stand.
"Y/n why are you doing this?" He asked me confused as he leaned against me.
"Because you did nothing wrong." I stated and helped him walk back to his boat.
"What about topper?" He asked. I scoffed.
"Screw topper and Rafe." I told him as we reached his boat.

"I'm really sorry Pope." I said as I dabbed his head wound with a wet cloth.
"Not your fault." He said.
"I'm still sorry. To make it up to you, here." I said handing him the money for the damage. It was only a little less then a hundred, and I stole it from Rafe anyways.
"Y/n I can't take this." He sighed.
"Well if you don't I can always go to your dad, tell him what happened and why I'm giving him the money." I said knowing he'd take it now. He didn't want anyone to know what happened. He let out a sigh but took the money and shoved it into his pocket.
"Thank you." He mumbled. I gave him a nod.
"Pope! Count me in on all these runs! That was the easiest $100 I ever made." I heard the voice of JJ Maybank say behind me.
"Woah what?" He said as he finally noticed me standing there with Pope.
"Pope the fuck is a kook doing here?" JJ glared my way. I rolled my eyes at him and crossed my arms.
"I'll be going now. I'll deal with those boys." I told pope and walked off his boat.
I went back to wear the groceries laid and pick them up. What I could salvage I brought to the building and told them that bags ripped and made some more lies.

"Y/n." A voice said behind me as I stood in my bed room. I turned around to see topper there.
"What?" I asked annoyed and went back to my phone. I heard him let out a sigh and sit next to me on my bed.
"I'm sorry ok?" He said.
"No." I said stopping him. "Pope did nothing to you! Nothing! Get our topper! We are done! And not just about Pope, you didn't stand up for m when Rafe yelled at me, what kind of boyfriend does that?" I said getting more angry by the seconds. I wasn't gonna let him talk.
"Get out!" I screamed at him and tried to push him away.
"Topper." A deep voice said from the hallway. I backed away from him and looked at my door. My dad stood there with his arms crossed a scowl on his face.
"Leave son." My dad said and moved out of the way for topper. Topper gave me one last glance but then left. When we heard the door slam shut my dad came into my room and hugged me. I started to sob into him.
"What happened honeybee?" He asked using the nickname he gave me when I was five.
"I broke up with him!" I cried. "I needed to but it still hurts." I said trying to catch my breath as I hugged my father. He shushed next and calmed me down after a while.
"You deserve this whole world. You don't need to tell me what happened but I know that topper wasn't the man for you alright?" My dad said holding my shoulder and giving me a sympathetic look. I gave a tiny nod and one last hug.
I new I needed to break up with topper, but it still crushed my heart to do it.