Rafe

Y/n pov
Rafe stood in front of me as I sat on his bed, he is showing me his project he did for his dads company. He had to present some big idea for the company and was practicing on me.
"Our sales will increase..." He was saying but he got interrupted by his phone going off. "Oh will you read it to me." He stopped his presentation and pointed to his phone that sat on his desk.
"Yeah." I chirped and leaned over to grab his phone. It was a text from his dad. I opened his phone to see a big paragraph his dad sent. It seemed to be information and an update about the upcoming meetings for the business.
"What's it say?" Rafe asked me as I stared at his phone. I tried to piece letters together but I still couldn't.
"Uhh." I mumbled still trying to figure it out.
Was that a "b" or a "d" I couldn't tell.
Rafe groaned and just grabbed his phone from me. I felt bad that I couldn't read it but I definitely couldn't make out some words.
I was dyslexic. I was diagnosed with it in the third grade. My class was doing a little play to practice our reading and I kept mixing up words, so I got rested and now here I am. Dyslexic still at the age of 18.
"Babe that wasn't hard at all. Why couldn't you read it to me?" Rafe asked me finally finishing and responding to his dads text message. I never told him I was dyslexic. I was always embarrassed and didn't want to be looked at like I was some stupid teenager.
"I just couldn't." I mumbled out and looked down at my lap. I fiddled with my own phone that day on my legs.
I felt the bed dip down and watched Rafe look at me from the corner of my eye.
"What's going on?" He asked me worried. I messed around with my phone even more to try to ignore him. It didn't work however, because he grabbed my phone and set it in his lap. I let out a sigh and finally looked up to him.
"I don't wanna tell you." I said quietly. His eyebrows scrunched together.
"You can tell me anything, what's going on?" He asked me.
"I'm dyslexic. I have been since the third grade. Ok? That's why I couldn't read your text. I tried to but I kept mixing up letters and I didn't wanna say the wrong thing." I said growing upset and frustrated. I was upset because I was a little embarrassed to tell him, but I was frustrated because I thought back to how I couldn't figure out some letters.
He sighed and grabbed my hand. "Why didn't you tell me? It's ok but you should've told me." He said rubbing his thumb on my hand.
I shrugged my shoulders and slumped down. "I've always been embarrassed about it. I use to get made fun of by the boys at school when I was a kid." I said to him.
"Which ones? Was it topper or kelce? Do hey still live on the island? I'll beat their ass." He said, his anger getting the best of him.
"Hey." I chuckled and grabbed his face in my hands. "We were children. They probably don't even remember that. Let it go alright?" I told him. He gave me a nod and I let his face go. Setting my hands back in my lap he grabbed my one hand again.
"Is there maybe a way I can help you?" He asked me. "You know like try to get rid of the dyslexia?" He said. I nodded.
"Yeah my mom helps me. It's not as bad as before but if you just have patience with me I'll work it out. I get frustrated about it so I guess just try to calm me down." I shrugged. Rafe was my boyfriend and I wanted him to help me but he had his own problems he needed to work on. Like getting sober. Not using coke anymore and much more problems. I just needed him to have patience with me.
"I can do that." He smiled and leaned over to kiss my lips quickly.
"You wanna finish your presentation?" I asked him and motioned to his computer that sat there.
"Oh right!" He jumped up and grabbed it. "Ok back to were i left off." He said and proceeded with his presentation.
I kinda zoned out at one point and went into my thoughts. It felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. After telling him I felt like I could be more open to him. I wouldn't have to silently get mad at myself anymore which was a major plus of telling him.
"Babe you listening?" He asked me getting me out of my own thoughts.
"Yup, go ahead." I smiled at him and looked at him. He gave me a smile and went on talking.
He was gonna do great at this meeting. I was proud of him for doing this too. He was excited and happy when ever he talked to me about his work at the company.