JJ

Y/n pov
"I'm tired." I moaned out as I threw my board on the sand and sat down on my towel.
"Those waves were big today." John B said also tired form the surf us pogues just had.
"Guys we got work soon. We need to go." Kie said looking at her phone.
"Lucky you two don't have work today." Pope grumbled was he stood up. I laughed along with JJ.
"We work like everyday, you guys know that Sunday's we have off." I laughed.
"Yeah yeah, you guys gonna be at the chateau later?" John B asked also getting up to leave.
"Yup." JJ said taking a bit of his vape.
"Bye guys! Have fun!" Kie said. "Boys let's go!" She yelled to JB and pope as they lagged behind. I laughed at how she was so sweet one moment but could scare the boys the next.

"So what should we do?" I asked smiling at JJ and turned to face him as we sat in our towels.
I watched as he just sat there looking out at the water.
"JJ you ok?" I asked him concerned.
"What? Oh yeah just thinking." He shrugged and leaned back on his towel.
"About what?" I asked.
"My dad." He said lowly. I was glad that he could open up to me like this. We were always the closet of the group and if you saw JJ you bet I was somewhere near by.
"What about your dad?" I asked him worried for his sake.
He looked at me dead in the eye. "I think I'm falling in love with you and I'm scared." He admitted. "I don't wanna turn out like my dad." He added on. "My dad didn't just abuse me you know? He hit my mom too that's why she left." He added more because I wasn't saying anything.
"JJ you are nothing like your dad. You will never turn out to be your dad ok? You know why? Because you love people. You care about me, and the pogues. You don't need to feel scared to love someone JJ." I told him sadly. I reached out to grab his hand and intertwine our fingers. He rubbed his thumb against my hand.
"You know." I added once he didn't say anything. "I love you. I started to fall for you when you showed up to my goldfishes funeral when we were nine." I laughed thinking of the memory. It was true. When he came around the corner of my house and sat with my while my dad dug then hole for my fish I knew JJ was one of the most important people in my life.
"I remember that." He laughed thinking back to that day also.
"I'll wait for you ok?" I told him and kissed his cheek. "Whenever you wanna go ahead with our feelings I'm ready alright?" I told him sincerely. He gave me a nod and pulled me into him. I moved over to his towel so I'd be more comfortable. I laid with my body between his legs and my back against his bare chest. His chin rested on my shoulder as we watched the couple surfers out there on the water.
"Thank you." He mumbled to me.
"You're welcome." I said quietly back to him and squeezed his hand for reassurance.