JJ

Y/n pov
My dad left my mom when she was pregnant with my younger brother. That was 3 years ago. My mom then went missing at sea, along with John B dad. So it left me to take care of my 3, almost 4 year old brother. His name was Dylan. You know how parents say their kids are the light of their life and so on? Well that's how I feel with Dylan. No I'm not his mom but I know our mother isn't coming back. I don't admit that to John B because he still thinks his dad is alive along with my mom. I just go along with his thoughts. But I do think of Dylan as my own now. I watch him, make sure he's taken care of. I'm practically his mother since ours is gone.
Today we were going to John B before the storm hit. The hurricane was planned to hit in a couple days.
"Dylan come on." I said and rushed to get around. I didn't wanna be late. We were going to go out fishing and watch the sun set. I grabbed some snacks for Dylan and helped him out his shoes on the right feet.
Now I was older then John B and the rest of the pogues. I was turning 18 in a few months, so dcs left me alone because they new I could handle Dylan. They've been to our house multiple times. John B on the other hand, was 16, turning 17 this year and had dcs us up ass constantly. I felt bad, but I knew deep down he would be ok. He's John B hes always for a plan. John B, JJ, Kie and Pope were my best friends. Just like how my mom and John B dad were best friends.
"Are we gonna see JJ?" Dylan asked as I buckled him into his car seat.
"Yes and John B, Kiara and Pope." I said. I finished buckling him up and got in the drivers seat. It wasn't my car, it was my moms but now I guess it was mine. It was a simple Ford Escape.

"Alright we're here!" I said to Dylan as I parked the car. He squealed with delight and bounced in his seat.
I saw Kie walk out of the house and come to my car.
"Hey Kie." I said as I hopped out.
"Hey you need some help?" She asked me. I nodded.
"Wanna get him?" I asked and nodded my head towards Dylan who was playing with my phone in his seat.
"Ya." She said. "Hey Dylan!" She smiled when she opened his door.
"K! K!" Dylan said and put his hands out. He couldn't really say Kiara so he said Kie or K.
I grabbed his life vest and the cooler from the trunk. Of course the bag of towels and toys.
I shut the trunk and watched as Dylan and Kie ran out back to the boat.
After locking the car I started to make my way out back.
"There she is!" JJ exclaimed and pulled me into a hug and kissed me.
"Hey Baby." I smiled. I went around and hugged the other two boys.
"Ready guys?" John B asked as I watched him put Dylan's life vest on him. They were always so helpful when it came to Dylan. Watching him if needed, or just simply putting his life vest on or helping him change. Or my favorite, taking him into the boys bathroom so he didn't want to go into the women's.

"When's the last time you ate?" Pope asked me and poked my sides. He sat next to me on the boat. I laughed because it tickled me.
"Uhh this morning." I shrugged. "I've been eating just not as much." I shrugged as we all now got into the boat and Dylan day on my lap.
I didn't have enough money to pay for bills, Dylan, and food. So I gave everything I could to Dylan.
"Well it's a good thing my mom made food. She made some for you to take home y/n." Kie said towards me. I thanked her.
"Y/n." Dylan mumbled and looked up at me from my lap. I was cradling him like a baby.
"Hmm?" I asked and pushed his blond hair out of his face.
"Can I sit with John?" He asked. John B was driving.
"He's driving why don't you sit with JJ, show him the new book you got." I said pulling out the hungry caterpillar book from my backpack. He jumped off my lap and grabbed the book.
"Will you read this to me?" Dylan asked JJ and climbed up on his lab.
"Ya sure bud." JJ said and read the book out loud and pointed out the pictures.

Soon the boat slowed down and John B interrupted everyone's conversations.
"Dylan come here so JJ can fish." I said and reached my hands out for him. Dylan pouted but reluctantly was about to get off JJ lap until he was stopped my JJ grabbing his body.
"It's ok, you can fish first I'll watch him." JJ said as he held a toy truck in one hand and Dylan in his other arm. I nodded and thanked him. Watching JJ with Dylan always made me think about the future. Hopefully we could get the gold, go full kook and be married. A nice beach wedding.