Topper

Y/n pov
"Babe?" I asked topper as we laid in the hammock out in his backyard.
"Hmm?" He mumbled as he cuddled into my chest. I ran my hands through his hair.
"We should get a dog. Like both of us together." I said. He immediately looked up at me.
"Why?" He chuckled. I shrugged.
"I want one, we won't be having kids anytime soon so let's get a dog." I said and looked into his blue eyes.
"And what we would name this dog?" He asked me and propped himself up the best he could.
I thought for a second.
"What about Cooper?" I asked him. I knew it was more of a human name but I think it would work for a smaller dog. Topper rubbed his chin acting like he was thinking. I laughed at him.
"So what do you think?" I asked him.
He smiled down at me and kissed my lips. "I love that name." He said.
"What kind of dog do you want?" He asked.
"Uhh not sure. Not something to big like a lab or Great Dane." I joked.
"What kind of dog do you like?" I asked him.
"Hmm I like golden doodles. Or maybe a Dalmatian." He said and I felt him shrug his shoulders.
"I like both of those dogs. This might be hard to pick one." I chuckled.
"Hey I never said yes to the dog idea." Topper joked. I rolled my eyes.
"Fine. Yes or no?" I asked him.
"Yes." He said but it was mumbled by my shirt that was laying on.

"Babe! Come here!" I heard topper yell. We were gonna go get some ice cream. I walked out of my room and downstairs to see my mom texting on her phone. She looked like she was about to leave somewhere. She had her purse on one arm and her shoes on.
"Hey where's top?" I asked her.
"Oh outside." She said and went back to her phone. I skipped down the hall to go outside.
I opened the slider door and saw topper standing there with his back to me.
"What's up?" I asked him. "You ready to go? I want ice cream." I said and walked up to him.
He turned around and was holding something in his arms. A dog? A DOG!
"You-you." I said speechless. It was a golden doodle puppy.
"I got us a dog." He said with a big smile.
"Awe. He is adorable." I said and took the puppy from toppers arms. I held it close to me.
"I love him." I said and snuggled into the small dog.
"Did you name him?" I asked top. He shook his head no.
"I thought we could choose a name together." He said. I nodded.
"Did you like the name Cooper?" I asked him. We had talked about that name.
"Ya." He said with a nod. "Welcome to the family Cooper." Topper said and pet the small dogs head.
"I love you." I said and leaned up to kiss toppers lips.
"You love me more then the dog?" He joked.
"Hmmm maybe." I joked back with him.