Chapter forty-three: Vampire's lair

Start from the beginning

"You look a little bit better now that you had something to eat.," the vampire hummed, "I'll let you explore the mansion once you feel better, okay?" (Y/n) gave him a quiet nod ad he set her beside him and began to read the books he brought with him to the room. With his arm around the tiny girl that was clinging to his side, the vampire read, sometimes reading some lines to the little girl as she dozed off. He knew of the grave danger she could be to him, she had eaten some of his assassins and ruthlessly killed others. He had gotten word about her savage attack on Hol Horse.
His hand ran softly over the back of the ancient girl sleeping with her head using his chest as a pillow. DIO knew he had to be a lot more gentle if he wanted to be on her good side, perhaps even work a little clever manipulation into getting her to do what he wanted. There was always the danger of her absorbing him, but she would probably not do that after knowing that his servants were incredibly loyal and protective of him. A paler piece of skin peeking from under her dress caught his attention as she rolled over to hug his arm. DIO placed his book down and pulled the back of her dress down slightly to be greeted by the sight of a large and serrated scar running along the child's back. DIO clicked his tongue after seeing that. It was a large and Nasty looking scar, it had to be from a very serious injury. He let the dress go and picked up his book again, all he had to do was to let her feel better and wait for the deaths of the Joestars and their friends.

The hours passed, DIO felt the fever on the child break. The child woke up two hours after her fever broke. The sun was going down when she woke finally. She felt her own forehead and found she was not in pain anymore. "Do you feel better, (y/n)?," the vampire asked. The plum haired girl smiled widely that he saw her sharp little teeth. The child let her brother feel her forehead, "You should be okay now. Go ahead and explore." He got a big smile from his little sister before she ran off into the darkness. She ran right into Vanilla Ice's legs. She had not thought to look out for others as she felt pretty safe.
(Y/n) hopped up and ran down the stairs before Vanilla Ice could say anything to her. She remembered that her doll was taken by the butler guy, D'Arby. She should go look for him then. The little plum haired girl ran around, sniffing the air for any sign of D'Arby. The girl followed his scent to a staircase that went down into the basement and cellar. Her red eyes searched for the butler, "D'Arby?"
She felt movement in the darkness around her before she was pulled into a bright area. The area looked to be a beach, the water that splashed against her feet felt real, the crabs that scuttled around looked real enough. She looked around before laying eyes on the man that pulled her into this fantasy like area. It was such a beautiful place.

"Are we still in the mansion, Terence?," the little girl asked. The green haired young man gave her a slight smile, "We are, this is my own private playroom." "It is very beautiful here. I can see how anyone would love it so much.," the child said as she was helped up onto the island that the green haired young man was on. He has a wardrobe on the island, along with a table that held a gaming station and a drink cooler sidetable. Terence had a small folding table set up with the porcelain doll on it, he had repaired her cracks, but he removed her hair and eyes. The glass eyes were shattered and the hair was turning into dust. "I was able to save the body of the old girl, but the damage to her eyes and hair was irreversible. So I will need to replace them with new materials. Thankfully, doll creation is my hobby, so I have all the materials to fix her up.," Terence spoke, "I hope you don't mind that the repairs forced me to darken her skin color a bit."
(Y/n) saw that the skin was no longer an alabaster color, but a fair tan color. The little girl touched the porcelain lightly, it felt smooth and a little soft, like skin. "She is beautiful.," the little girl said and got an idea, "Do you have dark brown hair and green eyes for dolls?" "Of course. Did you have a particular look you wanted to give her?," the butler asked as he pulled out a small trunk that was full of doll making materials. He let her look at different shades of green for eyes and different hair.

The little pillar picked out ivy green eyes and a brunette color that was similar to coffee in color, "I see visions of a woman with eyes and hair of this color. Her skin is also the same color as the porcelain my doll has now." "Visions?," the man asked. "Yes, I can't see her for long periods of time, but I see her frequently enough. She looks happy yet her eyes are sad.," the little girl answered as Terence set the eyes into the head of the doll, "She looks like her belly had been cut open but it came back together in a large scar." Terence's hazel eyes never left his project, "Do you believe in Spirits?"
"Well... I guess so.," the little girl replied. "Then perhaps this woman has a purpose for following you, perhaps the wound you see on her has some meaning. With it being on her stomach, perhaps she died in childbirth.," the butler explained, "It is even possible that she could be your own mother, if your mother died while giving birth to you." "My mother did not die in childbirth. She was killed in an execution because she had me in her belly. I was cut out of her to be killed.," the little girl spoke. "A tragic way to be born into the world.," the green haired man said and began to attach the hair to the doll, "Your father must have been distraught to lose her."

"My father killed everyone involved and the surrounding tribes that were afilliated with them.," (y/n) said as she watched him work. "Then he was.," the man replied and finished placing the hair in the doll's head. He trimmed the hair and styled it as the little girl told him. A braid that hung over the woman's shoulder. Terence gave the doll some fresh soft paint to make her look more beautiful, lips and eyelids were colored like she was wearing natural makeup. He gave the little girl the doll once he was done. The doll looked very much like the ghost she had been seeing.
The little girl hugged the doll and felt a small headpat from the man, he started working on making some new dolls. It seemed to be dolls for his own collection. "You can leave through the door there, I'll allow you to leave.," the man said as the door opened behind them. (Y/n) looked behind her and saw a humanoid shape. It looked to be a mix of mechanical and human. Her red eyes were wide as she gripped Terence's coat. He looked down at her before looking behind him to the creature staring at them. "What is it?," the man asked. The girl pointed to the thing, "What the hell is that?!"

D'Arby understood, she could see his stand, she developed the ability to see stands. "You don't have to be afraid, Atum will not hurt you." "Atum?," the little girl asked. "My stand, Atum.," the man said and continued to work on the doll. (Y/n) carefully passed by the stand as its eyes and head followed her. She ran after she was able to leave.
Her mind had one thing running trough it.

She saw a stand.