Part VII Chapter 7

(Y/n) Pov

After the Frost Giants left. We got time to catch a breath, while Gau is looking at Lewisia in shock.

Lewisia: Gau?

Gau: Ah...  what... what is going on...? Are you really... Lei?

Lewisia: I was using a false name in case of trouble. My real name is Lewisia. A hundred years ago, I used too much of my power. Now, I am limited to this childish form. I unlocked my power temporarily to save you. But I will soon revert back into my younger form.

Gau: So you were a hero. A savior of this world.

Lewisia: I didn't want people to know that it would just be a bother. I just wanted to mingle normally with people.

Cleo: Why? So you could drink their blood?!

Lewisia: *Sighs*  Well, vampires don't only drink blood. It is true that blood makes us strong, but we do not thirst for it. Anyway, I only wished to observe the humans while wandering care freely. I wanted to see them rebuilding this world after all that had occurred. Apparently, though, those carefree times are now over. Is that not so, Child of the Holy Blade.

Kasel: I guess you would have known. 

Lewisia: Do you know who is leading the Demons this time?

Kasel: No... but we do have a lead. Apparently it's not a demon, nor is it a person of this world. Someone called the Black Knight.

Lewisia: Yes. It seems that Tarkas is helping the Black Knight.

Cleo: What?! That means he's a deal with the Demons! What a hypocrite, blaming humans for everything while he's... !!

Lewisia: Although, It seems the Demons are not involved whatsoever in this situation.

Roi: It does seem that they have some internal... issues.

Pavel: Is that why he was after Arlette.

Lewisia: Arlette? A human like her couldn't be alive after all this time. Wait, Pavel. Did you do something?

Pavel: I'll speak about that... later. I explained the whole thing to see these people just a bit ago.

Kasel: So the fact that my mother was put into a cold sleep wasn't common knowledge between the heroes.

Lewisia: Hmm? She was your mother? I see, so she really was alive.

(Y/n): Not anymore.

Lewisia: Anyway, we need to stop Tarkas for now. It would be nice if everything could end after a nice conversation, but that doesn't seem possible.

Cleo: Well, it was always like this. Right, Frey?

Frey: Sadly, yes.

Lewisia: I won't be of much help, anymore. My strength is all gone, and I will soon become a child again. I will need some time to recover, and then I'll join you all. After I do, I will need your help to return to my prime.

(Y/n): We can rest here if you want. You need your energy for this tough fight.

Roi: Tough fight? You have always bested the monster and toy with them and you're saying it is hard?

(Y/n): As wise one once said, "There is no great danger than underestimating your opponents"

Kasel: He's right, we have to think of a plan, before we get in and fight. We don't know how tough Tarkas is. Gau had a hard time dealing with him for a short time.