Part IV Chapter 3

(Y/n) Pov

Once we made it to Galluah, it shrouded in darkness. There is lots of dead trees, and there are black spikes diagonally slanted, and the ground is nothing but black dirt. I feel Cassandra hiding behind me, scared like a little puppy.

(Y/n): It's okay, You're safe with me.

She nods and hugs my arm.

Cassandra: Just like old times, you keep protecting me~

Kasel: Ugh... This place is freaky.

(Y/n): That is why they called it the land Land of Death.

Kasel: Land of Death?

Cleo: It's a land devastated by past wars. There used to be a number of humans dukedoms in Galluah. They often war with the Orc tribes, but they were all destroyed after the sudden appearance of the Demon Army. Now, not a single sapient being exists in this land.

My Vision activated and I see a floating sword with an eye stabs Roi and killing him. I regained snapped out of it, and pulled out the Rudra and blocked the sword coming at Roi and bounced it off. 

Kasel: Whoa, is that a floating sword with a mouth on it?

Cleo: A living sword...!

Frey: Apparently Galluah has been completely overrun by Demons.

Roi: Are those Demon weapons?

Frey: Not exactly. Those aren't really weapons, they're actually Demons. The Demon's World, which is called the World of Darkness, has no form. The entities from that world also have no form.

(Y/n): So when the Demons crossed over the Gate into this world, Angmund gave them material form. As he corrupted the land, he injected the souls of Demons into entities of this world.

Frey: these beings are all categorized as Demons.

Cassandra: Living equipment like that living sword are also part of the latter type of Demons.

Cleo: It's my first time seeing Demons, but low class Demons such as these aren't a problem for an archmage such as myself!

(Y/n): Don't get cocky. You're still need to get use to your new magic.

Erze: He's right. We need to keep our abilities at a minimum so we won't let our mana drain. 

I ran up to the swords with the Monado and hit one, but it bounced off. Before it would cut me, Erze used her magic to absorb the swords energy and blast it to ashes.

Erze: Are you okay?

(Y/n): I knew it. Just as Maria said, the Monado is useless.

I put away the Monado as Kasel took down the last sword.

Kasel: Hmm.. If the world of darkness has no form... would Lua and the World of Light exist under the same rules?

Cassandra: Yeah, light and darkness are the same element.

Frey: Yes. Lua too is a spiritual existence, but she materializes herself when she shows herself to us in this world. The World of Light is also called the realm of the gods, and it's said that they can create any kind of element or material.

Cleo: Magicians thus categorize our world as-.

Erze: The Material World.

Cleo: Yep, and it is to distinguish it form the other formless worlds. I know you guys are brawny than brainy, but this is basic knowledge. Remember it!