Part X Chapter 8

(Y/n) Pov

Siegfried then strikes his sword towards Hilda.

(Y/n): HILDA!!!!!

Clang!!

Hilda's eyes widen in shock as the sword collided with her shoulder, but it didn't cut deep though.

(Y/n): What the hell...?

Hilda: Ugh...!

Siegfried takes the sword out of her shoulder and falls back down. Hilda kept her posture, even with a gash on her shoulder. As Siegfried falls, Hilda's arms fall to her side and clutches her shoulder in pain. She turns arounds and looks at her king.

Siegfried: Ughh... Ahh...

She goes to to her knees and reassures him.

Hilda: Do not worry, my king. I will protect you this time. Just like how you protected me.

Siegfried: Ughh... Hil...

Clause: ...He can't be brought back...

Hilda: This is the reason for my existence. Don't let the current suffering stop you, and move forward to achieve what you must...

She stood up, not facing us.

Hilda: That's what you taught me and it took me this long enough to take this one small step.

Clause: ..One step. 

But Kasel, feel free to lean on me anytime...

If you need my help, I'll do anything I can to protect you.

Clause: I see... Yes... I haven't forgotten... about that step forward.

Hilda: Yes, walk on Clause. Walk on the line how you made me take a step forward.

(Y/n): Heh heh, I'm starting to think you guys would be more than friends.

Clause: (Y/n)!!

Maria: Fufufu, you really are something (Y/n).

(Y/n): Thanks.

I sense something is coming towards us. I jerk my attention to the door.

Maria: (Y/n)!

(Y/n): Everyone! Take out your weapons! Something's coming!!!

As I said that, the room begins to rumble. 

(Y/n): Above us!!

The roof shatters and something comes down above us. It is Ascalon, the same monster that we and the Hound Units fought.

Maria: Now?! Seriously?!

Morrah: Beast!

Clause: Ugh!! (Y/n)!!

(Y/n): On it!!

We charge towards it. The Ascalon roars as loud as possible, creating a massive dark aura, but that didn't stopped us. Clause and I jump on it's leg, run up to it's head. The Ascalon begins to shake like crazy, trying to throw us off. The Ascalon grab me and throws me upwards while Clause falls off, but stabs his sword into it's back. I recovered in midair and pulled out REX and switch Zanza Monado to Buster as I fall. I landed and stabbed it's back as Clause did the same. The creature roars in pain and and starts to move around like crazy, trying to shake us off and it did. As we fall off, we kept our blades in it's back and cut a huge scar on it's back. We recover and got up from that fall.

Maria: Haa!!

She casts a magic and shoots it, but it suddenly disperse as it got a meter close. Morrah jump towards it and swings her sword.