Part X Chapter 5

(Y/n) Pov

After our second break is done, we proceeded to where the sanctuary is. During a long walk, I foresee a witch and another person with black hair and dark blue armor. Before I would look any deeper into what is going to happen next, I was snapped out of my thoughts from a roar.

Hilda: Halt.

Mitra: Finally, she opened her mouth.

Valance: Quiet.

The stomping grows louder and more aggressive.

Valance: The ground is shaking.

Crow: Hide yourselves, something is coming.

As we can see the dragon coming out, we hid behind some debris. We look closely and it's Ascalon. The same one that we encountered the first time.

Kibera: You've got to be kidding me...

Mitra: That thing is huuuuuuuuuuuuge!!! Is that what you call... a dragon? It looks scarier than... than scary...

Kibera: What the heck does that even mean?

Pansirone: Means his screws are loose.

Hilda: It's smaller in size compared to the ancient dragons, but it possesses the power that matches their strength.

Mitra: You? You fought against a monster like that? Really? For real? Seriously?

Hilda: It's not possible to win against that. Not in your current state.

Mitra: No, I don't think you can beat it too?

Kibera: Hey, um... I think it knows we are here.

Valance: Dammit!!

The Ascalon is slowly stomping towards us as Hilda's body is slowly repaired.

System: Damage repair complete. Current maximum output 36%.

Hilda: Defeating it is simply not possible for me at my current state, but...

(Y/n): There's no going back.

The dragon stood up and roars while the rest of us stood up and got into our stances.

Clause: We have to fight.

(Y/n): Seems so.

Clause: How about those times chains?

(Y/n): You mean chain attack?

Clause: It's your choice.

(Y/n): We don't have time to talk, we got a dragon to slay. 

Morrah: Are you done talking?!

(Y/n): Just giving ourselves good luck before we kill it.

Morrah: Make it quick.

Hilda, Clause and Morrah dashed towards the Ascalon while I pulled out my shotguns and shoot it as Mitra and Pansirone did the same. 

Mitra: Hahaha! Die! Die! Die! Die!!!

The Ascalon swing its arm, hitting Hilda, but Clause blocked it.  Morrah swoops in and creates pillars of fire at it and I switch Zanza Monado to Enchant to increase her flame damage, along with everyone's weapons. I didn't waste time as I pulled out REX and switched it to Buster while  twirling Zanza Monado in my other hand. I sensed it's movements and dodge it's arm and jaws and stab it's arm with REX, but it's scales blocked the attack and swing it's other arm, but I quickly dodge it before it's arm would make contact. Maria created a bind underneath the Ascalon and Clause shield bashed it. Crow creates a cannon and blast a plasma at it while Kibera and I run towards it.