Part VII Chapter 2

Kasel Pov

As we moved forward, things are getting more colder. Thanks to Cleo's magic, we are okay.

Kasel:  *Sigh*  Things just became very complicated. I was hoping that the Barbarian Kingdom was the key to find out how to recover the rest of the Holy Sword's power.

Frey: Kasel... What do you plan to do... after you find out how to recover its power? I remember you said you would hold on the Sword for the time being. You didn't recover the Sword's Power back in Ogria.

Kasel: I'm not thinking about the future, just yet. For now, I'm just doing what I can. I do hope some of the Barbarian royalty survived the war. 

Frey: Yes, I don't know about the area above the cliffs, but down here, there isn't too much ground to cover.

Kasel: 'As long as I know someone is targeting in my life, I can't return to the life I had before I received the Holy Sword.'

(Y/n): Hey! Are you guys alright?!

We look at (Y/n), Cleo, Roi and Gau is waiting for us.

Frey: Yeah, we're okay.

(Y/n): Come on! We don't have all day!!

We caught up to the others and we kept moving.

(Y/n) Pov

I looked at Kasel.

(Y/n): 'Kasel, don't let your anger get the best of you...'

Cleo: Wow!

I looked at the direction where Cleo was looking. 

Cleo: Dryads, even in all of this snow!

Frey: I guess the Dryads here hasn't been corrupted?

Gau: They haven't been corrupted, but-

Dryads #1: Humans?

Dryads #2: While they aren't Barbarians, they are still of humankind!

Frey: Fortunately they don't seem to be affected by the darkness yet...

(Y/n): But it looks like they hate us.

Gau: *Sigh* As I was trying to say, every race here has become hostile to humankind as a whole.

Cleo: What, even the nice and gentle Dryads have become your enemy? The heck were you Barbarians doing here?

Gau: ...

(Y/n): Cleo, he wasn't in any of this while it happened.

Kasel: Yeah, I think we should at least know why we are being attacked.

Frey: Dryads, could you please tell us why you are hostile towards humanity?

Dryad #2: Do you really not know. Hundred years ago, humanity was the race that brought the Demons to this world. And now, they have allied themselves with Demons once again. Humans are a blight upon this world.

We were shocked of what the Dryads had said.

Frey: Wha-What?

Gau: No, No... that can't be true.

(Y/n): There must be some mistake!

Dryad #2: Disappear!

Before anyone would do anything, I ran in front of everyone and swung REX blocking all of the arrows, and leaving the Dryads in shock.