Part V Chapter 5

(Y/n) Pov

We kept walking until we see more wards.

Cleo: Frey.

Frey: Yes?

Cleo: You remember I analyzed the fragments of Nucleus of Darkness, right? I think I could neutralize the Wards after a quick analysis of them.

Frey: Oh, Cleo. That would be wonderful!

Dimael: Hmph, worthless. Don't bother. Neutralizing the Queen's control may make it harder to find them.

Cleo: Are you stupid? You said the Queen could be a Demon. In that case, wouldn't it be easier for us to wake everyone up and have them fight with us!

Dimael: No, they are all just targets of my revenge. I have no intention of working with them.

Cloe: Dimael... Have you ever faced your inner darkness in a dark place?

Dimael: What are you talking about?

Cleo: *Sigh* So stubborn even without the help of that trap.

Frey: Dimael... He has been blinded by his rage. All we can do is hope that Lua will bless his heart with the light of mercy...

Dimael: Hah, do you really think I would even accepted such light? I have nothing but revenge!! All I want is to kill those bastards!! 

Frey: *Sighs*  it seems I've failed. I think I only fanned the flames of his hate...

Cleo: Well. Can't be helped. Let's just do what we can. First, let's break the Ward and gather the pieces.

I walked up to the Ward and activate the Monado.

Erze: Be careful.

I sliced the Ward, breaking it. I picked up the pieces after they drop to the floor.

Cleo: Thanks Bestie!!

Dark Elf: The Gnolls have passed the checkpoints. What are you all doing?!

We looked over to see a group of elves yelling. We checked over to see, what is going on.

Dark Elf #2: I am sorry, we could not stop them, there were too many.

Dark Elf: This must be the end of our race. This is what we get for selling out our friends and family to the Demons

Dark Elf #3: Bascos.. That topic..

Bascos: Do you really think that matters at this point?! King Temorel is missing and there is nothing and there is nothing we can do about the attacking Gnolls. There is no way I can hold my head high in front of gravestones of our predecessors.

Dimael: Normally, you wouldn't be able to do that ever since you made a pact with the Demons.

Bascos: You are!!

Dimael: Dimael, returning from Aegina. The only family of Epigael, whom you doomed to the Demons!!

Bascos: Epigael... Sorry but I don't remember that name. There are too many we sacrificed to remember every single person.

Dimael: Hmph, then die. Engrave her name upon your heart as you do so!!

Bascos: Sorry, but I can't die, Dimael. Even as the end of our race draws near, I will save my Queen, El-Rosed!

Dimael and I rushed at Bascos and the other elves. I dodged one of Bascos arrows and attack one of the elves. Dimael aims his crossbow and shoots one elf, slowing making him fall on his knees, as I ran to other elf and switched the Monado to Purge. I swung the Monado, killing him. Before the other elf would get up, Kasel runs in and attacks him. Roi keeps dodging Bascos crossbow arrows, as Cleo used fire balls to throw at her, but she dodges while shooting arrows at Roi.