Part 37

Unedited.

Third Person POV

Flashbacks (a century ago).

"Isn't it about time to tell me about the prophecy already?" Geena asked the Ystn as they were having breakfast. "It's been eight months since that day, your promise should be taking place in few months." She added.

"It isn't something you would be pleased to hear, you can still reach your goal even without knowing about it." He told her gently. "Do you still want to hear it?" He asked after awhile of silence.

Geena thought for a while before she spoke. "What do you think?" She asked.

The Ystn was a bit surprised by her question. "What do you mean?" He asked.

"Do you think it's crucial for me to know? Will that piece of information help me achieve my goal?" She rephrased.

"As I already told you, you can still achieve your goal in the pre-planned time without it, but knowing it would accelerate the whole process a bit." The Ystn said.

"How so?" Geena asked.

"Your Shadow is a Pravida." He simply said.

"Are you sure?" She asked, quite surprised herself.

"Seeing it was awaken when you were blinded with rage, I would say it's one hundred percent confirmed." He told her.

Geena was quite for a short period of time before she bursted in a fit of joyful laughter, she was so delighted by this new piece of information that her eyes were still dancing with uncontrolled mirth even after her laughter had died down. "My Shadow is a Pravida you say?" (Vengeful Soul).

The Ystn found Geena's twisted behaviour endearingly amusing. "Apparently." He told her.

"Gemma." She uttered the Shadow's name as if she testing how it sounded, the smile and look of pure joy not leaving her features. "I think I'll be great friends with this part of me." She added.

The Ystn didn't respond to that as it was obvious it wasn't meant for him to comment on, and he still has his reservations towards the arrogant female Shadow that almost killed his mate.

He meant it the last time when he said they were replaceable, he was the Ystn of the Seven Realms. If he wanted, everything is disposable, everything is easily replaceable.

In a blink, he could bring every last creature in the Seven Realms to their knees in front of him, if his mate wanted she would be sitting on the top of the world by then.

However, since she said she wanted to be the one to handle it he would leave it to her.

"Does it mean the real prophecy my kind was killed over is something that will anger me to the extant of my Shadow taking over again?" The Ystn was brought out of his short reverie by his mate's sudden question.

He nodded, confirming her suspicion.

"Okay then, go ahead, tell me what is this prophecy all about?" She asked, her excitement palpable.

"There's, however one thing you should know about the Pravidas Shadows before we proceed." He told her.

"What is it?" Geena asked.

"They're called the Vengeful Souls for a reason." He started. "They feed on the negative feelings of their other halves especially rage. Once they take over in an enraged fit they never give control back." He told her.