Part 15

Unedited.

Third Person POV

"Your Majesty, Alpha Nicholas requests to meet you." Carlos said, coming inside the Throne Room of the Dark Castle.

"Where is Ystn? I can't seem to find him." Queen Jayda asked Purch, the only answer she gave Carlos was a look before she diverted her attention to the Shadow next to where she sat.

"I'm not sure, Your Majesty." The Shadow replied in a heavy accented English.

"And my husband?" She asked again raising one of her eyebrows, in her gentle voice as she played with her little son's soft black locks.

"He went back to the Elven Kingdom, my Queen." Purch replied.

Carlos didn't bother repeating his statement as he knew the Queen heard him just perfect, and he would rather leave the stupid alpha wolf to wait for as long as possible.

"What did the Alpha want, Carlos." Queen Jayda asked after awhile as she watched her sleeping son in her lap.

"He mentioned something about heading back home, and wanted to bid Your Majesty goodbye." He said.

"Let's go then." She said.

"What about the Prince, Your Majesty?" Carlos asked.

Blade was easily scared since he was barely five years old, he disliked waking alone. He was used to either his mother or father or them both being with him when he wakes up.

However, something seemed to have happened in Mavous' Kingdom, something that required his urgent attention which led him to leave while they were sleeping. So the little boy was left with his mom to take care of.

They usually take turns in taking care of him if they're both busy with their kingdoms at the same time, especially since Queen Jayda's husband, King Mavous was always traveling between the Shadows and the Elven kingdoms. He would sometimes accompany Blade with him for his people to get to know him, but Blade would often refuse to go with.

The little boy preferred his mother's Kingdom more.

"He's coming with me." She said in an obvious tone.

"Your Majesty, as your second in command and advisor, I'd like to voice something." Carlos said.

"I'm not leaving my son behind for any wolf, Carlos." The tone, the Queen used was coated with irritation.

"I don't think it's a good idea to bring the prince with you, Your Majesty." Carlos said.

"I'm not in the mood for your nagging, Carlos." Queen Jayda snapped.

Carlos being the Advisor and the Second-in-Command of the Kingdom, is always 'nagging' as the Queen described, but she chose him for that particular reason.

She knew, he knows that the responsibility upon his shoulders is not small and in no way light. She chose him for his unyielding personality. She knew from the very beginning, when he brought back those Werewolves with him years ago that, if he's convinced something's right, he does not let anything waver him from it. No matter who the opponent is or how strong they are.