Part 13

Unedited.

Third Person POV

       Flashbacks (20 years ago).

Gemma started training day and night by the stiff Shadows guards' leader who she came to know as Purch, the word powerful was an understatement to describe the gigantic dark creature. His powers were beyond imagination yet she was to.d she was even more powerful than he was.

She was quite excited to unlock her powers, to know how to use them all.

The creature taught her how to control the darkness around her, to use it to her own advantage.

She wasn't surprised when she found out that she could see through the pitch darkness outside the lit room she was in. She knew it had to do with her transformation.

Purch picked a place outside the castle that was inside the darkness as their training field.

He taught her how to control elements, an element at a time before he taught her to summon and control them all at once, then they moved to shape shifting and opening portals.

He told her that there are powers she had to learn by herself like transforming others.

Then one day Gemma accidentally teleported herself out of the forest as she was practicing teleportation, she was about to teleport back when she saw a bunch of rogues ganging up on one wolf and another supernatural she couldn't exactly distinct which species he was from, his smell was not among the ones she smelt before.

She stood her place and watched hem for sometime before she turned on heels and walked away so that she could teleport herself without being seen, but she couldn't bring herself to do it. The image of the injured wolf and his companion struggling to break free from the rogues as they were ruthlessly bit at, kept her rooted in place.

It reminded her of how helpless she was when she was abused few days back.

She shook her head, and sprung their way full-speed.

"Zis, Pridré!" (You shouldn't, my Queen). Purch, appeared out of nowhere, a couple of feet in front of her running form, causing her to come to an abrupt stop.

"Damn, Purch! You almost caused me a heart attack!" She said as she stopped an inch away from where he stood. Even though she was running in a speed faster than any supernatural, she was not panting, nor did she look troubled at how abrupt she had to stop her fast pace.

She looked rather unbothered by any of that.

Gemma stepped aside to past only for Purch to block her way.

"Zis, Pridré!" (You shouldn't, my Queen). The Shadow repeated.

"Are you blocking my way, Purch?" The Queen challenged.

The Shadow didn't move an inch. "Ystn astrif neun, Pridré." (Master won't like it, my Queen).