Part 16

Unedited.

Third Person POV

Is it really possible? If so, there's still a chance she might be my Gemma!

Alpha Nicholas was sitting on one of the chairs of what seemed to be a meeting room, he was so caught up in his thoughts that he didn't hear the footsteps that entered the room and were approaching him. Until the Queen's demonic voice brought him out of his reverie.

"Alpha Nicholas, I've been told you wanted to meet me." Queen Jayda said.

Nicholas looked at the cloaked figure that was rounding the huge table with grace, heading towards the chair that was at the head of it.

Could it really be? Nicholas kept thinking of what he heard earlier on his way to the meeting room, before he asked the Shadows' Beta to deliver his message to his Queen, as he looked at Queen Jayda.

"Alpha Nicholas." The demonic voice held a hint of irritation to it this time.

"Ah, yes-" Nicholas finally snapped out of whatever thoughts he was entertaining. "I wanted to thank you for the hospitality I was treated with this whole past week, but I would rather go back to my pack. I left at a quite dire time as you already know." He continued after he cut himself earlier to compose his hazy self.

"Sure, Purch here will make sure you reach safely." The head of the cloak that was covering the Queen moved slightly to the gigantic Shadow that was just behind her, then she stood up from her position. "I hope you have a safe journey, then." Queen Jayda said before she went to exit the door.

"Q- Queen Jayda!" Nicholas rushed out when he saw she was very close of exiting the door.

"Yes, Alpha Nicholas?" The Queen and Carlos stopped at the urgent voice of the Alpha, they both turned around to face him.

"Can we please have a minute alone?" The urgent plea that shone in his eyes made the Queen frown a bit while a shadow of a smirk appeared on her second-in-command's lips.

Carlos knew exactly what that look meant. It was a look of depression, a desperate plea for everything to be true, a last thin string of hope for everything to turn out the way one wanted. He had that look once, when the Queen saved him and Bren from the wolves a couple of decades back.

He too was praying deep in his heart for her to be their savior and not another predator when her gigantic wolf stood inches away from where they were laying.

"It's against protocol, my Queen." Carlos disagreed.

"Ystn astrif neun, Pridré." (The Master won't like it, my Queen). The famous sentence of the Shadow guard sounded from the other side of the room.

"Purch qoonaw, Pridré." (I agree with Purch, my Queen). Carlos said in a perfect accented Old Witch language. "Ystn staenf jid, Pridré." (The Master will be mad if he came to find out, my Queen). He added.

Nicholas stood there, not understanding a thing of what was being said. He was never good with languages, and Ystanvia was never something he took interest in. He felt left out and he didn't like it, not one bit because he was sure they were convincing her not to accept his request.

"Leave us alone." Queen Jayda said after a while.

"My Queen-"

"Leave us alone, Carlos." The Queen repeated her order in a stern tone.

"Yes, my Queen." Carlos bowed slightly before he and the Shadow guards both visible and invisible ones left the room.

"What is it that you wanted to speak about, Alpha Nicholas." The Queen said as she walked back to where she was seated earlier.

"I want you to answer me on this one question." He said as he sat too.

"Go ahead." She said.

"When I first met you, I felt a sort of a pull, though very faint, I felt some sort of connection with you. One that I only felt with my late mate." Nicholas said.

"So?" She said nonchalantly.

Nicholas sat straight, a shot of energy and a sudden current of excitement buzzed through his veins when she didn't deny. "My question is whether you knew my mate once." He asked.

"That's not your question, Alpha Nicholas, now is it?" The Queen simply said.

"Okay, let me rephrase that." Nicholas said. "Are you my mate, Gemma Gerald?" He rephrased.

The Queen chuckled. "You still describe her as your mate?" She asked, her tone a bit incredulous.

"What do you mean?" Nicholas asked, confused by the Queen statement.

"I'm asking why you still call the she-wolf you left alone among an unwelcoming pack, your mate. From what I heard, you never considered anyone beside that human girl Beatrice your mate, so why are you sitting here asking me whether I am that she wolf or not?" The Queen's tone was void of any kind of emotions. It was not reprimanding in any way nor did it held any sign of hurt as she narrated the supposedly dead she-wolf's suffering.

It was almost as if someone else was speaking and not the person who actually went through this all.

Nicholas was speechless, he didn't know how to answer her as he bowed his head down in shame.

"To answer your question, Alpha Nicholas," Nicholas shot his head up at the Queen's voice, he saw as the cloak that was covering her was gradually lift off of her body. "No, I'm not your late mate. I'm Queen Jayda of the Shadows and Elven Kingdoms." She said referring to her husband's kingdom as she stood in front of him without a cloak and he got to get a closer look at her.

Her long soft white hair cascaded down her hips, her vibrant violet eyes looked back at him, her ghostly pale skin contrasted the dark ripped jeans and black T-shirt she was wearing. Her well taken care of hands laid still by her sides.

She nowhere close what her demonic voice tells about her, her petite form did not match with her ruthless reputation.

"I believe now you've got your answer." The demonic voice snapped him out of his ogling daze.

"That's impossible! What about what I heard?" He murmured to himself but Queen Jayda caught it.

She looked at him confusedly as he kept murmuring to himself. "What did you hear?" She asked as she turned to look at her cloak for a bit.

"You were transformed by someone, you were not born a Shadow. Your transformation happened on the same day my mate went missing." Nicholas repeated what he heard.

Queen Jayda shot her head back to him, her once vibrant violet eyes turning pitch dark.

"Where did you hear that?"

A/N

I may write another chapter after I take my dinner, not sure though.

Hope you enjoy, lovelies.

Until next time.

Mi-M-Ab.