Part 22

Unedited.

Third Person POV

"It's an unofficial invitation to the party the Council's holding on the Green Day tonight." Queen Jayda smirked.

The Green Day is close to what human calls the Independence Day, it's the day the Supernatural Realm was freed from the Queen Witch Geena. The Supernaturals celebrate it each year.

It was called Green Day because darkness ruled over the whole Realm during Queen Witch Geena's reign, the land was always grey and the skies gloomy. She didn't like greeneries to be in the places she visits, so she prohibited sun from ever breaking through the thick layers of darkness she had hovering over the majority of the Realm, only in some places of the outskirts where farmers lived, and she only did that because people would starve otherwise.

So when the Shadows abandoned her along with most of her people when her greed took control of her mind and she was taken down, the darkness she had over the realm started slowly vanishing and as if a layer of magic that was suppressing the small plants from emerging to the surface, was lifted from the ground, small little plants started slowly growing back up on the same day. From which the name Green Day came.

"Who would send an unofficial invitation? And why doing such an absurd thing?" Mavous snorted.

"An unofficial invitation means an unofficial attendance." She said.

"You're not seriously thinking of attending, are you?" Mavous asked his wife.

"Why not? It would be rude not to." The Queen replied.

Mavous didn't ask any further, he saw the look she supported then and he knew he should be more worried about them than her.

"Let's go on a ride around the kingdom." She told her husband as she handed the piece of paper she was looking at to the guard that fetched it for her.

"What about the kids." Mavous asked.

"They could join us if they like to." She replied.

"I know Blade would love to, he never misses rides around the Kingdom of the Sky." Mavous said smiling lightly at the little boy's antics.

"Summon Varda to the field of the Castle." She ordered one of her guards.

"Sait, Pridré." (Yes, my Queen). The guard obliged.

"Let's go." She stood up and held her hand to her half laying husband.

"Let me at least change into something more appropriate." He said, amused by his wife sudden excitement. She always loved riding that dragon, she had a special connection to it, one she didn't understand but liked nonetheless. She rarely ever ride it due to how used she was to teleporting between places and opening portals as means of transportation, but when she does get the chance to ride it, she never misses it.

"Why? This is the Shadows kingdom not the Elven one." She reminded.

"I know but still." Mavous said.

"You don't have to pay attention to things like attire and those bothersome royalty stuff, you know we don't care about such things around here." She told him.