Part 17

Unedited.

Third Person POV

"I heard that you were transformed by someone, you were not born a Shadow. I also heard that your transformation happened on the same day my mate, Gemma went missing." Nicholas repeated what he heard.

Queen Jayda shot her head back to him, her once vibrant violet eyes turning pitch dark.

"Where did you hear that?" The Queen asked calmly despite her thundering expression.

Nicholas was taken aback by the sudden change of his host's mood. "On my way here." He replied, still a bit confused as to why the Queen was suddenly alert.

"What else?" She hissed.

"Only that." He replied.

Queen Jayda could see right through his lie, he was hiding something and she was going to find it out.

"Carlos!" She summoned in a calm and low voice, but despite the calmness of her tone, one could still hear the obvious anger coating it.

Nicholas didn't understand why she was being calm, her voice never raising.

Not once.

He didn't know of the sleeping child that was wrapped in the coat next to her, he didn't that the Queen was controlling her anger in order not to wake her little boy that was napping in the warmth of the coat floating next to her.

"Your Majesty?" Carlos was next to her in a moment.

"Find me the fucker who blabbed about things that does not concern them in front of strangers." She ordered.

Nicholas barely controlled his flinch when she described him as a stranger.

"Right away, Your Majesty." Carlos obliged before vanishing once again.

"Have a seat, Alpha Nicholas, your journey shall be postponed a bit." The Queen said nodding towards the chair behind him.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

The Queen was patiently waiting for her Carlos to bring in the people she ordered to be brought to her, she was watching the door as she sat in the comfortable leather chair, both of her hands forming a pyramid in front of her mouth.

Then, the door was opened and a group of three women was brought in by Carlos who was in front of them, leading them inside.

The women advanced to where their Queen was sitting, each wearing confused look on their faces.

"Your Majesty." They all curtsied at once, completely ignoring the Alpha that was with her.

"Were you talking about my transformation earlier?" The Queen cut to the chase.

The three women looked at each other in fright before they bent on their knees. "F- forgive us, Your Majesty." They all pleaded at once.

"I asked you a question!" Their Queen snapped.

"Y- yes, Your Highness." The women who seemed to be the older of the group replied.