Part 7

Unedited.

Third Person POV

Nicholas thought that the Queen wouldn't notice him as he followed her each move with his pair of grey eyes from a distance since she was engrossed in a conversation with her son.

"Today we'll focus on practicing all of your skills." The Queen said.

"Yes, my Queen."

"Purch." The Queen summoned while undoing her thick cloak, excitement shot through Nicholas' veins as he saw this.

She was finally putting the cloak off! He was finally going to see her. That was all what was on his mind in that moment.

Few moments later a cloak-free Queen stood in front of him in a pair of black skin tight jeans and a dark maroon sleeveless shirt.

Even though her back was facing him he knew she wasn't her, whatever little hope he had vanished into thin air when he saw her snow-white thick locks and a matching pale skin contrasting with the dark colours she was wearing.

She turned to give her bodyguard the cloak and started instructing him to do something.

Nicholas' suspensions were confirmed when he studied her features, the light purple orbs and the well-built body.

She was not his Gemma.

Even after two decades had passed, he still remembered Gemma perfectly well, every little detail of her, from head to toe, and this one standing few feet away from him was not her.

His Gemma's hair was light brown, eyes were pale blue, and her skin was tanned.

It's my fault for having hope of bumping into a dead person. Nicholas thought sorrowfully before he turned on his heels and headed to the castle with hunched shoulders and a defeated stance.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

"Did he watch?" Queen Jayda asked her Shadow guard as they walked down the corridors leading to her quarters.

"Sait, Pridré." (Yes, my Queen). Purch replied bowing slightly.

"Good, let him see his full until every last suspicion he has vanishes, then escort him back to his pack and bring the Shadows there back from it." She instructed.

"Sait, Pridré." (Yes, my Queen). Purch acknowledged before he called his Queen once again. "Pridré." (My Queen). He called out but didn't utter anything.

Queen Jayda stopped to look at the Shadow creature who tagged behind her when she heard the hint of hesitation in his tone. She knew why he was acting that way. "Don't worry about it, I'll take care of the consequences." She assured.

"Master won't like it, Pridré." Purch voiced in heavy accented English.

"I said I would take care of it." The Queen all but snapped at her guard.

"Sait, Pridré." (Yes, my Queen).

Nicholas was wrong when he thought he was spying on her earlier at the training field, he should've known that no one can sneak on a person guarded by the shadows, creatures invisible by the day and hidden in the darkness by the night.