Part 26

Unedited.

Third Person POV

"Brother, you need to snap out of it!" Angela, Nicholas' sister snapped at her drunken brother.

"Go away, Angela." Nicholas waved her off with his unsteady hand.

"The Pack is about to fall to its ruins and you're still here drinking your miseries out because of a ghost instead of actually helping your people!" Angela exclaimed frustrated at her brother's delirious form.

"Let it fall." Nicholas simply said.

"W- what?" Angela was dumbfounded.

"The same pack that caused me to lose my mate, let it fall." He added, casually.

"You've finally gone nuts, haven't you?" Angela questioned.

"An Alpha without a mate is no alpha, a Pack without a Luna is no pack." Nicholas said in the same uncaring tone.

"You really are going to forsake your pack, your people for a ghost!" Angela still didn't give up convincing her brother.

"You seemed quite fine with me forsaking it for your friend's ghost. You, my dear sister, knew that Gemma will reach her breaking point one day if the pack and I keep on pushing her the way we did, yet you encouraged me- us to keep on doing it. You kept rubbing it in her face how she could never be in Beatrice's place, you kept on adding salt to the wound that opened the moment she stepped in our borders." Nicholas told her, calmly.

Angela was surprised, she didn't know he knew of her actions. She thought he was deep in his reminiscing haze for him to realize anything.

"So, you see, if the Pack does fall it's all on you and them for pushing their Luna away." Nicholas snapped her out of her thoughts.

"How could you blame me and your people for a piece of shit! How could you forsake us for that pathetic dead whor-"

Angela released a loud shriek before she was able to complete her sentence, she found herself being thrown on the hard wooden floor of her brother's office with a death grip on her neck.

"You will not disrespect your Luna!" Nicholas animalistic voice froze his sister's blood in her vein, it was an order of an Alpha, her Alpha.

Brute.

Angela scratched at his hand when he kept on tightening it more, slowly blocking her airways.

Nicholas or rather Brute ignored the woman's desperate tries of lessening the grip he had on her, he instead fixed his eyes on her, waiting for her to acknowledge his order. "Am I clear!" He snapped again.

"Y- yes, A- Alpha." Angela barely voiced out because of the pressure that was on her airways.

She didn't want to risk for her brother's wolf, Brute to take control like he did twenty years back, nor did she want for him to break her neck in his rage fit. So she obliged to his order as a way to calm him down.

Nicholas' wolf seemed to calm down and retreat to the back of his mind at her submission, once the dark orbs specked golden turned forest green, Nicholas' grip loosened on his sister's neck before it was completely off her body.

"Go." He ordered, standing straight.

"You actually chose that stupid dead she-wolf over your sister, your own blood." Angela blamed after she was sure her brother took control once again.

"Go back to your room, Angela. The next time Brute takes control I'll not be able to stop him- won't stop him." Nicholas warned his headstrong sister.