Part 19

Unedited.

Third Person POV

"Where are they?" The Queen asked the leader of the Shadow guards.

"Beta Carlos said he's bring them in." The Shadow answered.

"Tell him to bring them here instead of Pritzé Luanz." (Castle of the Sky). The Queen ordered. "I want them in the Dark Forest." She added as her cloak settled on her shoulders before it covered her head.

"Sait, Pridré." (Yes, my Queen). Purch obliged before he vanished, leaving her advancing towards the dungeons of the Dark Castle with her other guards.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Queen Jayda was leaning on one of the walls of the dungeons, the ugliest part of the castle.
The place where, despite being rarely used, is the most gruesome place in the whole kingdom. If a person is not intimidated by the pitch darkness that covers their sight the moment they step into the Dark Forest, they sure as hell would scream their wits out once they enter the dungeons of the Dark Castle.

The Queen rarely used the dungeons of the Dark Castle. Unless the person did something so extreme that got her angry enough to use it, or they were the least expected to betray her.

However, the last option never occurred before, no one dared to betray the Queen of the Shadows. It was absurd how something the whole Supernatural Realm kept their distance from, the witches, creatures that their absolute loyalty should be with their Queen, dared to do. They dared to help the rebellion against her.

They committed a treasonous act, and they were about to know just how grave the punishment awaits for them was.

How that risky leap of faith entails.

The Queen heard the main door to the dungeons open, she could hear the sounds of shackles continuously moving, an evidence to the obvious struggle of the witches to break free. The faint yet harsh murmurs mixed with harsh consecutive breath-like pants reached her sensitive ears way before they reached the hearing range of a normal human, clearer than they could've been to any other supernatural, an indicator of the witches struggle to free their mouths from whatever that was shoved in it.

Carlos reached the dungeons in a speed faster than what it normally took, the at least 20 minutes walk, he made into less than a second with his supernatural speed.

When the door to the dungeon room, the Queen was in, was thrown open, Queen Jayda looked up to see the obvious irritation signs on her Second-in-Command's face.

The witches were pushed forward to the Queen's feet who was at the far end of the room with an invisible power from Carlos who kept rooted to his place next to the door.

"Free them." The demonic voice ordered.

The witches were free in an instant.

"Rise." The same demonic voice rung.

The witches who were still unable to process what was going on and what territory did they enter, heeded to the order. "We're still blindfolded, though." One of the witches said.

A ominously dark and cynically mocking chuckle echoed in the air. "A creature that calls herself witch, can't distinguish when she's blindfolded or not?" The Queen's demonic voice rung from the darkness. "And yet you thought you could overthrow me?" The Queen added in a huff, her tone filled with disbelief.