Part 25

Unedited.

Third Person POV

The Ystn was sitting in the Dark Forest living room with Queen Jayda and the kids.

"Tanzdé, Blade wants to go with you the next time." The little boy said to the Ystn as he clung to him even more.

The Ystn chuckled at the little one, ruffling his hair. "I thought you liked staying home with your mom." He told him.

"But I miss you, I want to stay with you." Blade complained, pouting cutely.

"Alright, I'll see if I can bring you with me the next time." The Ystn agreed as he pulled the little one on his lap.

"Mama, are you alright?" Blade looked at his mother who was leaning on the Ystn's shoulder, looking pale- even paler than her usual self.

"Mother?" Curtis who turned to his mother's direction at his brother's remark, said as he stood and crouched next to her.

The Ystn looked down at her, but couldn't see her properly because of the way leaned on his shoulder. He took her face in his hand to see her almost unconscious.

Her skin was colder than ice and her eyebrows scrunched in a painful expression.

"My Queen?" The Ystn said as put her face in both hands.

"Mother!" Curtis exclaimed when Queen Jayda coughed a blackish red liquid.

The Ystn stood from his position, his hands still on her supporting her face so that she doesn't fall when he stood. He examined her properly before his posture went rigid, a dark aura emanated from around him.

"Tandzé, what's wrong with mama?" The little one who was standing on the side, the same position he took when he left the Ystn's lap when his mother's condition worsened.

"Come here, little one." The Ystn called for Blade.

Blade advanced towards him, his way of walking indicated how frightened the little fella was.

"Your mother is fine, she's just a bit tired." The Ystn told the boy as he pulled him to his embrace after he settled the Queen down on the couch, in a comfortable position.

"Are you sure?" Blade asked warily.

"I am, she just needs to rest, and she'll be back to her usual self in a blink." The Ystn assured the little one.

"Promise?" Blade was now somewhat at ease when the Ystn assured him his mother was alright.

"I promise." The Ystn promised. "Now go to your mother's quarters, and don't come out until I tell you." He told him.

"Okay." Blade obliged and went away.

The Ystn couldn't send anyone with him because all of the Shadows were in a state close to their Queen. They were experiencing an incredible amount of pain.

However he was assured that his little boy was roaming the Dark Forest alone and not the Shadows Kingdom, he doesn't need anyone accompanying him in here.

He was safe in the Dark Forest.

The Ystn knew just what was happening, and who was behind it.