Part 27

Unedited.

Third Person POV

The Queen of the Shadows is terminally ill.

A rumor that had spread wild in the Realm over the past couple of months, a rumor that some saw as the golden opportunity to claim the Shadows' Crown for themselves.

When it was first spread, the Supernaturals thought nothing of it because it was impossible for them for it to be true.

No one gave it more than its weight, they all treated it as a baseless rumor until the Queen skipped the Council meeting, then the hushed whispers rose a bit higher in volume.

The Council meeting was a meeting that was held every month, it was when all the supernatural kingdoms' leaders gathered in one place to discuss what's new and the problems they were facing. It was obligatory for all of them to attend.

The Queen never once missed the meeting not because she was obliged to abide by the rules of the Realm, but because she saw it as the only piece of courtesy she could afford to show to her fellow Supernaturals, that was a known fact among them all.

Therefore, for her to miss the meeting the first time in almost twenty years meant something was wrong, it gave some credibility to the rumors they heard.

Was the Queen really ill?

Was she even an entity that gets ill in the first place?

Suddenly she became less menacing, less frightening. The Queen the whole Supernatural Realm feared, the one commanding the most dangerous and powerful creatures of all time, the Shadows and the Queen over a kingdom full of invincible creatures of all kinds was suddenly not so untouchable anymore.

Some even thought her powers were just a bluff, a mere rumor that was given more than it actually weighed and hence created the fearful monster everybody knew then as the Queen of the Shadows.

Their suspicions were confirmed when she didn't attend the next month as well, the quite and hushed voices were now speaking loudly of the incompetency of Queen Jayda, they became more daring and started spouting rumors about how she was not at all who they thought she was, that she was nothing but a puppet the Shadows put above them to assure they rise again from their slumber.

It took less than a week for those rumors to reach all corners of he Realm, Queen Jayda was nothing but a witch and werewolf hybrid that had no other extraordinary powers whatsoever.

In the next few weeks, some of them got bolder and trespassed into the Shadows lands. They wanted to confirm it with their own eyes.

The shield was lifted, the lands were unprotected, the darkness that normally hovered over the lands from noon till morning was no longer, the Shadow guards and the other Supernaturals that were usually roaming the lands to shoo invaders away were not in sight.

It was as if the majority of lands were not occupied anymore.

This continued for a whole month, the trespassers would advance towards the famous but unknown entrance of the Kingdom of the Sky, and each time they were met with zero resistance, no signs of traps, no signs of occupants in sight.

They finally reached their destination on the fourth week.

They were at the entrance of the Kingdom of the Sky.