Part 3

Edited: 04/12/2020.

Nicholas McGrath POV

She was different, completely different. She was in no way like her, even the names were different, but I keep feeling this pull towards her. Even though it's so faint, it is there, giving me the tiniest bits of hope that maybe I may redeem the past.

That I may be able to fix what I broke with my own hands.

The rumours had it that nobody -outside her kingdom's members- had ever seen her. Her cloak never leaves her body, and that right there, is what got me thinking that maybe it's her.

I got up from my bed, and headed towards her bedroom. I needed to see her, and what better chance do I have than when she is asleep with her cloak off.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

When I reached her room, I opened the door as silently as I could, only to be hit with the maze of my life.

Her room was completely different, it was guarded with figures of shadows, her bed was surrounded by them.

I strained my neck to get a glimpse of her figure on the bed, but it was empty, her cloak was there on the side of the bed.

However the bed was empty.

One of the Shadows snarled when noticing me. "Intruder!" It alerted the others in the most demonic tone I've ever heard, with a very thick old accent, and tried to lunge at me.

I was about to attack myself when someone spoke. "Piechré." (Halt). Commanded a new cold-demonic voice in the old witches language, and the Shadows immediately froze. I glanced behind the gigantic creature that was about to attack me, to see the coat being lifted on an invisible shape, then a very well-shaped body emerged from the nothingness, filling the cloak.

"Disperse!" At her command the room turned back to normal.

"Excuse my guards' rudeness, Alpha. They weren't aware that anybody would be coming here this late, so they considered you a threat." The Queen's language was very much polite and formal, but her tone was venomous.

She sounded unpleased about my sudden visit.

"Guards?" I asked incredulous. How can those be her guards, the creature I saw was a myth. It was mentioned in the old history books of the Supernaturals as the leader of the Shadows creatures.

The Shadows are known of being condescendingly patronising, they think that nobody is deserving of their powers. The last time they guarded anybody was centuries ago, when the Queen Witch Geena ruled the Supernatural Realm.

However they retreated into darkness when her greed consumed her, and intended to use their powers for harming others. They're known of never bowing unless for a great power, and if they're the Queen's guards, it only means she's a force to reckon with.

"Indeed." She confirmed icily.

"I'm sorry if I disturbed your sleep, but I just wanted to make sure you're comfortable with your stay." I lied.

"I'm very much comfortable, thank you for your concern."  She replied in a tone that suggested she didn't believe me.

"Have a good night then, Your Highness." I said before I turned and walked towards the door.

"Please refrain from sudden visits, Alpha Nicholas, especially in the hours where it's obvious I'm sleeping. My guards' acts are spontaneous as you have already witnessed." It was a warning to stay the fuck away from her, but in a polite way. My wolf didn't like it one bit, its anger rose to new heights at the detectable disrespect in her tone.