Part 30

Unedited.

Third Person POV

In a dark room in what seemed to be an abandoned building, sat several figures on the only luxurious piece of furniture that was in the whole room, the round table in the middle of the room.

They seemed to be in a heated yet somewhat secret conversation from their hushed sounds.

"It's been a month since it was confirmed that the Queen has fell into a coma, it's high time that we start our next move." One of the four men in a luxurious suit, suggested.

"We should wait some more, we can never know if it's a trap." Another disagreed.

"Indeed, the Queen of the Shadows is not someone who falls so easily, if so she wouldn't have been able to maintain her empire for two decades in the same prosperous shape it was in up until recently." The third one agreed with the second.

"And if she was like before she wouldn't have left the trespassers to come and go freely from her kingdom, something must have happened. She must be at the very least injured heavily." The first one argued.

"Her being injured doesn't help us in any way!" The second one snapped irritated with his college's arrogance. "We need her unable to move a single eyelash if she's not dead, only then we'll be able to take over the throne after killing her and her heirs." He added awhile later after controlling his anger a bit.

"That's not necessary true, we now have the upper hand. We have her, we only need her injured for her to have the upper hand." The fourth man who was silent the whole time, said. "Don't you agree, Mavous?" The man looked at another one whom was sitting at the head of the table that was covered in the darkness of the room.

One wouldn't notice that there were five men around the table instead of only four, unless upon a closer look as Mavous was leaning in his chair which made him in a dark spot. "Even though we have her, the Queen of the Shadows is not that easily predictable nor is she that weak to be down by something like that as Lloyd said." The Elven King, Mavous who now came into the light, said. "However, we can test both theories. Then we'll know for sure whether it's a trap or not, then we can plan our next move accordingly." He added.

"How?" The first one who spoke earlier asked.

"The Supernaturals were given a warning at the Green Day, right?" Mavous elaborated vaguely.

The other four men all looked at him in confusion, but when they saw he was not elaborating any further, they all looked at each other to see if any of them had any clue as to what he was talking about.

Then, the fourth man suddenly spoke, as if he only then understood what Mavous meant. "We can do just that to see if she'll act upon her threat." He said.

"Ah! You mean we should try attacking the Shadows' Kingdom." The second man, Lloyd stated more than asked.

"We could do that, it is the best way to confirm which of the theories is correct." The third man said.

"And even if it is confirmed that it is just a trap, we will still have the upper hand as we have the support of the majority of the kingdoms of the realm plus the mighty Elven Kingdom's King and the former Supernatural Realm's Ruler, Queen Witch Geena." The first man said arrogantly while looking at the two last people he mentioned.

The Queen Witch Geena who was sitting opposite from him, showed no reaction at all. She just sat there listening to their conversation the whole time, same goes with the Elven King, he didn't bother to agree with the arrogant man's words.

They both seemed to be in their own thoughts.

Only few minutes passed when a female figure appeared from nowhere, engulfed by a cloud of darkness. "The Ice Pack should be eliminated." The female said the moment the darkness that was engulfing her disappeared.

"Why is that?" The first man, Marcum asked.

"They're on us." Angela simply stated.

"Are they really on us?" Mavous was the one who spoke.

"What do you mean?" She asked him, slightly offended by his questioning tone.

"I meant to ask whether you're telling the truth or coming up with things to eliminate that Pack for your own personal reasons?" Mavous said.

"You're questioning my loyalty?" She asked him, obviously offended.

Mavous chuckled coldly yet mockingly before speaking "I am someone who is betraying his wife and children for his own personal gain, I'm planning on killing my wife and offsprings for a throne, so excuse me if I don't trust anyone."

"S- still my loyalty is always with you." Angela stuttered when she's as him standing up from his position.

"Don't. I don't trust myself, I'm not loyal to myself neither should you be to me." He told her as he stood in front of her, he traced his index from her temple down her chin before lifting her face with it to face him.

The people in the room knew of the strangely unspoken yet undeniable attraction between the two, they knew that Angela wasn't lying when she said that her loyalty is with him nor was his advice to her was him feigning concern for her. It was indeed out of genuine concern for her.

"Neither any of you should." Mavous added after awhile looking at the rest of the people in the room.

"Our loyalty is with you." The people in the room said at once except for Queen Witch Geena.

"If you really want to be loyal to something, be loyal to your cause. Don't abandon it no matter what happens instead of being loyal to someone who doesn't even know what he is doing or why he's doing it." Mavous said referring to himself.

No one spoke.

"Sir, are you sure there's no way for you to return to the Kingdom of the Shadows to know what exactly is going on without drawing suspicion?" Angela asked after few moments.

"None. I'm supposed to be in my kingdom at this time, whenever I'm in my kingdom all communications are cut with my family until I come back and I never come back before the time I said, if I do now it would draw a great deal of suspicion from the suspicious-by-nature Crown Prince." He said. "We can't afford any trouble in this critical time, we should stick to the plan." He added looking at her pointedly, indirectly telling her to drop any idea she has of attacking the Ice Pack.

"I understand, sir." Angela complied.

"We'll meet in three days time to discuss the plan of the attack." Mavous said after a while of silence while looking at the others.

"Yes, sir." They all agreed.

He nodded and headed outside the room, the others soon followed after him.

A/N

Hey, lovelies!

Here's an update with a twist I'm sure you weren't expecting.

Hope you enjoy it.

Don't forget to vote and comment your opinions.

Until next time, stay safe and happy.

Mi-M-Ab.