Part 2

Edited: 04/12/2020.

Third Person POV

All the attendees of the Ice Pack's party were in awe when two black tinted SUVs parked in front the entrance of the pack house.

The pack members especially. From the lowest to the highest ranks, were all flabbergasted. They knew that all the people invited were there, except for one.

The one person they didn't expect to attend.

The infamous Shadows' Queen.

When the door of the front car was opened by the driver revealing her second in-command, Carlos, gasps were heard, as if they couldn't really believe that the Queen was really there until then.

The party had stopped for a short period of time by then, and all the people present in there were anticipating what was about to happen. They were excited to see how the well-known ruthless ruler of the Shadows looked like.

Carlos went to his Queen's car and opened the door to Curtis who got out first, then extended his hand for his mother. A pale and well-taken-care-of hand took ahold of his before a cloaked person got out of the confines of the vehicle.

Their audience was greatly disappointed when the realisation that they won't be able to see her after all, hit them. The cloak, though covering her whole shape, it couldn't hide the aura that oozed off her in waves because even the youngest children with no wolves could feel the power radiating off of her, forcing everybody, even the Alphas to bow their heads in respect before clearing a path for her and her people.

Alpha Nicholas got there just in time to see them entering the mansion when his beta mind-linked him informing him of their arrival. Even he was baffled, not in a million years did he think they would show up.

He went to their side to welcome them. "Queen Jayda, Prince Curtis." He bowed slightly as a sign of respect because she, after all was the ruler of the most powerful kingdom their history ever witnessed.

She was capable of creating a kingdom, not only for her kind, but also for all outcasted rogues of all other species out there, and that alone was unheard of. The supernatural species were never meant to share the same place, and live together in harmony as good citizens. They were hard to control when they're together because each species has its own preservations about the other, so it was risky to place two kinds of them in the same space, let alone all of them combined.

Yet she managed to do just that, and preserve peace and harmony in her kingdom at the same time.

Nicholas thought it was both admirable and dangerous because the moment a person that capable sides with the wrong side, they will all be doomed, but it's not like anyone can do anything about it. No one dares to try and change any of this because doing so implies they have to bring the Queen of the Shadows down, and none of them had the power to do so.

He knew the queen bows to no one, not even the Council who basically controls every person in the supernatural realm, even the royalties, and he was greatly pleased when he first heard she takes no part in others' wars. She only cares about her people's safety, and is known of stopping at nothing to avenge them if they were ever harmed.

People knew to keep their distance from the Shadows' lands and from her, especially after that famous incident where she single-handedly killed a whole pack for kidnapping and enslaving a bunch of her kingdom's children.

"Alpha Nicholas." The prince acknowledged with a hint of rudeness in his tone which irritated the Alpha's wolf to the point of being on the verge of shifting. It was an unspoken rule between the Weres to never insult an alpha, much less the one hosting you.