Part 8

Unedited.

Third Person POV

          Flashbacks (20 years ago).

Gemma sprinted out of her mate's house in tears, she didn't know where to go this late at night. She didn't know any of the neighbouring packs and the Weres' law stated that no wolf is to trespass into another territory without the Alpha of said pack allowing it.

It is also stated that any wolf that spends more than 48 hours without a pack is considered a rogue until they join another or go back to theirs because the smell of the pack would start vanishing gradually from them leaving them smell-free for about a week before the signature foul smell of rogues enfold them.

She knew she couldn't reach her pack in due time before the smell of rogues engulf her especially since she had no money and no means of transportation to drop her there.

However she was determined to never go back to the humiliation she suffered for several years. Being a rogue wouldn't be a first anyway seeing that she was treated much worse than a rogue while she was in the Ice Pack.

She kept running for a good couple of hours until she was far away from the pack she learned to hate, she decided to take a rest before continuing to wherever destination fate shall lead her to.

"Get up." She just fell asleep when a hushed voice spoke, it was so low and husky that she first thought it was only her mind playing games with her. "Get up and run! They're coming for you." The same whisper that seemed to be carried with the breeze of the silent night.

Gemma jolted from her laying positing on the side of the tree and looked around, trying to see who was speaking to her. "You've gone nuts, Gemma! Years of mental abuse's finally taking its toll on you." Gemma murmured to herself as she shook her head, she was about to fall back asleep when she heard some rustling leaves.

"They're here!" The same whisper from earlier warned.

Gemma shot up to a standing position when she heard it, it was clear to her by then that she was not hallucinating. The voice was there, it came from the dark side of the forest.

"There she is!" The unfamiliar voice caught her attention, she turned her head around sharply to who was it and whom did they mean.

"Run, Gemma!"

The whispering voice urged her frozen legs back to work.

"Catch her! Don't let her run!" A familiar voice rung from behind her as she run faster from the footsteps that were closing in on her, and as if they weren't fast enough, they increased when the voice of the woman echoed in the silent woods.

In no time they caught up to her, grabbed her by the arm and forced her to a stop.

Gemma screamed her lungs out for help, but the only echo she got was a sharp slap from her captor. "Shut up, you gold-digging bitch!" Snapped the voice of the man she came to know as the Beta of the Ice Pack.

Was Nicholas this cruel! He sent people to kill her! Gemma thought as she eyed the Female Alpha that hated her guts and her mate's beta along with a bunch of other unfamiliar men. Rogues, she could tell from their smell.

"The gold digger finally realised nothing is coming from my brother, huh?" The Female Alpha mocked. "But it's too late, you have to be punished for occupying our late Luna, my friend Beatrice for so long." She added.

Then the torture started, they took turns on her. Each spending a good hour of beating her, ruthlessly beating her. Not one part of her body was left unbruised.

The poor she-wolf could barely breath anymore, out of all of them the Female Alpha, her mate's little sister was the more unmerciful. She focuses on her stomach and ribs, kicking her with purpose. "The bastard in your stomach is no worthy of being my brother's heir!" The Female Alpha screamed as she used more force on her, attempting to abort her unborn niece or nephew.

Nicholas knew!

He fucking knew!

If I make it out of this alive, I promise to repay the whole Supernatural Realm for this cruelty. I don't care who's involved or not! I'll pay them for the life of my innocent baby.

Gemma promised as she surrendered to darkness.

She refused to plead, refused to show the people she abhors and know they hate her with the same passion, how weak and vulnerable she was at that moment.

The three years she wasted running after them, seeking for their acknowledgement were enough.

She refused to degrade herself anymore.

When the Female Alpha was satisfied with her masterpiece, she straitened her attire and retreated back slightly from the unconscious, almost lifeless figure of her victim.

The Female Alpha was a bit irritated that Gemma didn't utter a word of plea, that fact dulled the fun she was supposed to have, but she was satisfied nonetheless. She finally got back at her for seducing her brother.

The Female Alpha didn't believe in second chance mates, she thought Gemma seduced her brother or bewitched him to think he was her mate.

The poor unconscious she-wolf had to suffer at the hand of a maniac because of something so trivial, because of a bare assumption.

Gemma's luck always drove her to a narrow or closed path, and she was never the complaining type. She chose to live through the countless challenges face palmed her with that's why she managed to tolerate the past three years with her sanity in tact.

However, there's only som much one could bear before they snap.

Would Gemma live up to the vow she made earlier before she surrendered to the desire of her weakened body, before she welcomed the darkness with open arms.

"Get rid of her." The Female Alpha ordered as she threw a bunch of gold coins at the greedy bunch of rabid animals before she and the Ice Pack's Beta shifted and sped off.

The rogues smirked evilly at the laying figure of the she-wolf as they advanced towards her, but just before they reached her the forbidden dark part of the woods seemed to take over that whole side of the forest.

Covering the rogues and an unconscious Gemma in pitch darkness.

The dark part of the forest was an ominous place, no one ever stepped a foot beyond its borders and came back out.

It was the Supernatural Realm's version of Bermuda Triangle.

All supernaturals know better than to come near it.

It was, however, unheard of for the darkness around it to move.

A/N

Another update for you, lovelies!

Hope you enjoy it.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Until next time.

Mi-M-Ab.