Part 33

Unedited.

Third Person POV

       Flashbacks (A century ago)

The Supernatural Realm that was at the time one big kingdom where all different kinds of species lived not so happily but somewhat in harmony, was in a chaos. The royalty were busy protecting their thrones, the commoners were dying due to a plague that invaded the lands of the whole Realm.

None the nobility paid enough attention to the sufferings of those lower than them. The peasants were not even considered as living beings at that time, their disease-ridden corpses were thrown to the wild animals to feed on.

It was believed that the reason behind the plague was the wrath of God on the Realm's nobility and royalty whom spread corruption in the lands, and only a sacrifice of a hybrid witch of the commoners would be able to settle it down, a superstition because of which dozens upon dozens of all kinds hybrids met their demise.

The royalties being the cruelly selfish beings they were and the nobilities being the puppets they were, slaughtered hybrids for months. They didn't even bother to inquire whether those hybrids were half-witches or not, their excuse was as petty as their stone-cold hearts, they feared the hybrids would lie about their witch half so they can preserve their lives.

They even killed male hybrids when the supposed prophecy was only about female hybrids.

The commoners, did nothing to change the horrendous daily scene of bloodshed. Not a single voice was uttered against the cruel act, they were happy they get to keep their lives as they had no strength to go against the royalty. They were powerless as it is, and the plague drained them physically and emotionally.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

A young witch hybrid living on the outskirts of the kingdom was watching the daily scene unfold with great vengeance.

She was enraged how those higher ups didn't even bother looking into the so called prophecy, whether the sacrifice to be made was a good thing or not as it was not clarified form what she heard. All what was written was that sacrifice of a hybrid witch would settle the wrath down, it was never mentioned what kind of sacrifice was supposed to be made let alone if it involves killing others. She believed in Almighty God greatly, and knew by heart he was the most compassionate.

His wrath would not require killing innocents.

However, those incompetent royalties and nobilities had her blood boiling just thinking how dozens of her people were dying every passing minute of the day because of the stupidity of those who calls themselves the Rulers of the Realm.

Her parents perhaps saw her growing vengeful heart, and locked her up to prevent her from going into town. They knew she was always very righteous, always very tribe or rather species oriented.

She valued the lives of all the living beings, but her species especially.

The young witch's parents thanked God countless times a day that they were far from the capital, the outskirts were the furthest thing from town. No noble has ever been to one of the small villages in the outskirts because of how rough the road one has to take to reach the closest village among them, was.

Their cottage was located in the furthest corner of the last village, right at the peak of the mountain.

They were sure those haughty nobilities will never cross all of those rivers and mountains and endure all the torture just to kill a hybrid. Especially since the plague was coming to an end since it was not as bad as before, people don't die immediately after catching it, the rash that appeared on the contaminated is no longer that harsh. It's reduced to a light rash that disappears after a day or two, same goes with other symptoms. Some of the contaminated even healed without doing so much as drinking hot water.