Day #59

Savannah

"You're mama's baby, yes you are. I love you my little poo." I tickled Audrey's little stomach and kissed her forehead as I put her in her crib for a moment. I don't know what I'd be doing with myself if I didn't have this little baby of mine.

My thoughts were interrupted by my phone ringing. It was Jocelyn.

"Hello?" I said answering the phone and picked up the toys off my bed to put them away.

"Hey, girl. Any update on Chris?" She asked.

"Other than him wanting to serve his entire sentence if he's sentenced, no."

"What? Why?"

"Because he has a wife and a daughter and he wants to set an example."

"An example for who? The son he doesn't have?" I sighed.

"Audrey. I can understand but then  I can't."

"Savannah, you're gonna bail him out right?" I hesitated.

"We don't know how much it is to bail him out no one has told me yet and-"

"Savannah. Get him out of there."

"Is it really my decision? It's Chris's and-"

"No it's not Chris's. Its both of yours. And the baby needs him. He's just feeling guilty which is fine but he doesn't need to be in jail."

"I don't know, Jocelyn. He wanted to make this choice on his own."

"Well take control of it. You know better I can't believe you're allowing that."

"Chris has been in a different mindset lately."

"I don't blame him. That's why he needs to get out of there."

"I'll talk to him about it today. I'm going to see him soon anyway. I just don't want to get in the way of something he wants to do on his own. As much as I hate him being in there he seemed set with his decision."

"Okay but  y'all aren't just boyfriend and girlfriend anymore. You have a partnership now it's way bigger. Most decisions need to be made together now. And you're his wife so grow some fucking balls and get his ass out." I chuckled and looked around the room. Where did he put all our savings money?

"I'll text you after I see him. Bye Jocelyn, thanks for the advice."

"Oh rush me off the phone why don't you," She laughed. "Bye, Savannah."

I hung up the phone and tossed it on the bed. She's right I do just need to go ahead and bail him out. I don't know why I have been putting it off waiting for his trial while he's in there. This has been so dumb, this is for our family.

I looked all throughout our bedroom for the money we put to the side in case of emergencies. I didn't know exactly where it was because Chris is the one who keeps track of it.

After searching high and low for about 20 minutes, I found multiple wads of cash in a pair of his shoes. After seeing that I'm just going to be in charge of our extra money from now on. I couldn't even tell how much money it was but it seemed like a few bands. 

After that, I got Audrey dressed and we headed towards the jail. Today's a special visit day because it's the first time he's seen Audrey since he's been there. He's only been there for a week and some now but it feels like forever. I'm sure he'll be happy to see her and I'm sure it'll help with talking about bailing him out.

"You ready to see daddy, baby?" I peaked back at Audrey as we pulled into the parking lot. Glad she was still awake for this and not knocked out yet.