Day #42

Chris Brown

"It's okay, Sav." I rubbed Savannah's back as she threw up in the toilet. 

"Is this gonna be an everyday thing now? Like every day?" She asked wiping her mouth. 

"I don't know. Are you good now?" 

"I think so. I feel like I am-" She turned back to the toilet and threw up some more. I felt so bad seeing her like this. But there was only so much I could do for her.

"I'll be right back. I'm gonna go get your tooth brush." I stood up and walked out the bathroom as she continued to vomit. It just kept coming.

I ran up the stairs into our bathroom and grabbed her tooth brush and toothpaste. I quickly got back to Savannah and she had just flushed the toilet and tried to stand.

"Take it easy." I told her helping her up.

"I feel really lightheaded right now." 

"Do you want me to make you something to eat?"

"Just for me to throw it back up? No thanks."

"You can't not eat." She took the tooth brush and tooth paste out of my hand and went to the sink.

"I'll just wait till I get really hungry." I sighed watching her brush her teeth. I wish there was more I could do for her.

"Savannah. No one said this was going to be easy. I just want you to know that I'm right here with you, babe." She nodded her head spitting out some toothpaste.

"I know. I'm grateful."

"Now my dad and them will be here any minute. If you don't want them to come anymore I can tell them that you're just not in the position to have company right now."

"I've been throwing up so much for a couple weeks. I'm used to it, I'll be fine. Plus they're already on their way over. They live across town, it'd be a waste of gas don't you think?"

"I mean yeah but they'll understand I'm sure."

"Don't worry about it. I just need to change my clothes."

"I'll bring some down for you." 

"Thank you. I love you." She ran her hands through my hair kissing my cheek.

"I love you." We walked out the bathroom and Savannah made her way to the living room while I went back upstairs. I grabbed some sweatpants and a t-shirt for her to put on. 

"Do you need anything? Anything at all." I asked as she changed.

"I should be fine for now." Suddenly the doorbell rang.

"They're here." I went to open the door and they were all there waiting to come in.

"Long time no see." Alex said giving me a hug. I smiled.

"How's college treating you?" 

"Fine. How's life treating you?"

"Pretty satisfyingly." I let go of her and looked up to my dad.

"Been a minute." He said.

"How ya been, dad?"

"Can we come in?"

"Oh right. Hi Mary.

"Hi, Chris." She smiled at me as they all came in. 

"Hey, guys." Savannah greeted while trying to get up off the couch but failed.

"You're fine. You can stay down." Mary said to her.

"This is a pretty big house." Alex said looking around.