Day #15

Savannah Underwood

I took a deep breath taking another pill to relieve the pain I felt in my lower back. The doctor's still don't know what might be wrong with me, then again it's only been a week. I just feel like my body gets worse and worse everyday.

"They called back." Chris said happily over the phone.

"Really?" I asked taking a sip of my water.

"Yes. The interview is full on tomorrow."

"I'm excited! I know you'll get it."

"I hope so. What are you bout to do?"

"Kj needs some help again. I'm gonna head to the college for a while."

"No, stay home. Take a break from everyone."

"I don't mind going-"

"Savannah, I feel like you're putting too much pressure on yourself. Overworking and doing every little thing everyone tells you or wants you to do. You need to give yourself a break."

"I'm fine, Chris."

"That's how I know you're not. You've been having body issues and you fainted the other day. That doesn't sound fine to me at all."

"I'm getting better."

"You're getting worse. Just listen to what I'm saying, I'm trying to help you. Your health, baby."

"Look, thanks but I'm not gonna bail on Kj just because I might be having some body problems."

"Savannah, do you realize that you might be pregnant? And I feel like you are more and more everyday."

"I'm not pregnant."

At least that's what I kept telling myself. I know there's a fifty-fifty chance I might be, but I just can't see myself being pregnant or having a kid. It's a scary thought to me and I'm not mentally ready or physically.

"You don't- we don't know if you are or not."

"I'm gonna believe I'm not." He sighed in frustration.

"Whatever. Since you don't wanna listen to me then you go 'head about your business. I'll go 'head about mine." With that, he hung up the phone unexpectedly. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my things heading out the door.

I don't know why he was taking this so seriously, I had the incident almost five days ago and nothing serious has happened then. I mean I've been having body pains but that's about it. He has nothing to worry about.

"Where are you?" I asked Kj over the phone, pulling up to the college.

He goes to the college I went to and this is my first time back ever since I left. A lot of people who I went to school with still go here because they're either finishing off their two year or continuing their four years. I left the second after I finished my first year here to go and be a stockbroker. I'm still not sure if it was worth leaving college early.

"Where are you?" Kj shot back. I wrinkled up my face while unbuckling my seatbelt.

"Why?" I asked awkwardly.

"Just tell me, Savannah, so I can come and get you."

"Or I could just go to where you are."

"No ... "

"Kj, where are you being so weird? Just tell me where you are."

"Look, I'm coming to get you okay? Chris told me to keep you out of trouble, that's what I'm gonna do."