Day #3

Savannah Underwood

The next morning, I found myself pacing back and forth in my living room. The letter from Chris was sitting on the coffee table, wrapped in the envelope. I wanted to open it but I didn't know if I should.

I literally sat in front of it, staring at it for an hour straight. I haven't came in contact with Chris since the day we broke up so it was kind of a hard decision when I've been trying to avoid any type of interaction with him.

"Fuck it." I said hopping off the couch and nervously opening it. I took a deep breath sitting on the table.

Savannah,

It's been 803 days without you. I've been counting everyday since the day I left you. I've been wanting to talk to you, clearly you don't want to talk to me though. I'm gonna keep trying though, I know you'll respond back someday if I keep trying. I miss you so much. I think about you everyday, I think about how successful you must be right now. Finally putting your talents to work for everyone to see. I wish I could be there with you. Mary sends me pictures of you, you look even beautifuler than you did when we were together. I wish our relationship didn't end the way it did, I wish it didn't end at all. And I knew deep down you'd change your mind eventually, about staying with me while I'm gone. But you put a thought in my mind that you'd push through. That you'd wait for me. But you didn't. It hurts, I cry some nights just thinking about it. You were my life. And I wish you'd talk to me, so we can move past this. Maybe be friends again. 

Sincerely,

Christopher

I put the paper down on my lap bawling my eyes out. I was such an emotional wreck when it came to him. I ruined everything, I could have waited for him. But I didn't and now I regret it.

**

"Just add the two, and divide the whole number by it." I said to Kj. He nodded his head.

Kj is continuing his college years. He's half way through and I'm proud of him. I don't talk to Jalya as much anymore or anybody really except for Tip and Kj. They stuck around for Chris and I.

"You make it seem so simple." He said. I smiled.

"You're just thinking too hard."

"Savannah!" I heard Jocelyn say. Her and Kj ended up taking things to the next level too. They're currently in a relationship. A very intimate one.

"What?" I said walking up to her.

"Kj is taking me out tonight." She smiled crossing her arms.

"You have fun." I gave her a weird look before trying to walk away but she grabbed my arm.

"I'm telling you this because I want you to come too. Maybe we can find you someone." I sighed.

"I told you, I'm not looking for a relationship. It's too soon."

"It's been more than a year, Savannah."

"It's not that easy to get over someone after devoting all your time to them, everyday. You don't understand how hard this is for me."

"I just want you to get out the house. You've been working, doing things for everyone, it's time for a little fun."

"I don't need fun."