Day #39

Savannah Underwood 

Three Months Later

"Let's name her Christina. It has your name in it." I suggested to Chris while eating popcorn in the bed. He shook his head at the computer desk.

"That's so basic. I like it but then I don't."

"We've went through so many names."

"And that's fine. This doesn't have to be rushed, it'll come to us. We have time."

"Middle names are always easier." He laughed getting up from the computer.

"Savannah."

"Fine, fine. I'll stop."

"You're so excited. It's cute." He climbed in the bed with me and kissed my stomach and then my lips.

"When do you want to tell you parents?" I asked as he laid down next to me.

"When do you want to tell your mom?"

"You remember what happened the last time. I'm not telling that woman shit."

"Oh damn, I remember."

"We can just leave her out of it. We'll send her an invitation to the baby shower and she can come if she wants. She can try and fix things with me so she can be there for the baby but if not then oh well. I could care less."

"I feel like one day you two will settle your differences and come together like a mother and daughter should."

"No time soon. Keep feeling that way all you want to." We laughed.

"Fine then, I will."

"But when do you want to tell anyone, Chris? I'm not gonna be able to hide this much longer." I looked down at my stomach. It was really obvious I was pregnant now, this being the fifth month. 

"When you can't hide it anymore then we'll tell people. I feel like having everyone on your back and in your ear about being pregnant caused some stress the first time too. And like I said, I want this to be an easy ride for you."

"Princess. Let's name her Princess." I said still thinking about baby names.

"She's not a dog."

"Oh my gosh, you don't have to be an animal for that name. That name is precious."

"I don't like it."

"You don't like any of the names I've been saying."

"She deserves a strong name."

"Princess is not strong to you?"

"No, it sounds weak." I rolled my eyes and Chris laughed picking up his phone when it started ringing. "Hello? Now? Okay. Thank you."

"What is it?" I asked. He got up and put some jogging pants on.

"Those champagne glasses just came in. They're downstairs. I'll be right back."

"I wanna come." He laughed.

"Savannah baby, I'll be right back. I'm just going downstairs."

"And I wanna come with you." I put my feet on the ground and struggled to stand up. Chris grabbed my hands and helped me stand to my feet.

"Put some shoes on. We'll take a walk after I get them."

"Okay, and you put a shirt on." I slid my slides on.

"It's hot out."

"Chris." He blew his breath and grabbed a shirt out the dresser to put on.

"Thank you."

"Yeah, yeah." 

He grabbed my hand and we made our way to the elevator. When we got to the first floor, there was a man standing near the front desk with a box. Chris and I walked over to him and he signed the papers before whistling over one of the workers.

"Make sure this gets to the top floor." He said handing the man the box.

"Yes, sir." After that, Chris and I had walked away and went to the garden in the behind the building. It was a perfect day outside.

"We should move into an actual house." He suggested as we walked.

"You don't like the penthouse?"

"I like it. But I like more privacy too."

"If you can find a house in the next four months then don't let me stop you."

"You think I can't do it?" He smiled at me.

"Nope."

"All right, bet."

"Excuse me." We heard someone say. We turned around to a woman who looked about our age or maybe just a bit younger.

"Yes?" Chris said.

"My friends and I saw you over there... we just want to know if we can talk to you." I eyed the girl weirdly.

"About what?"

"You? I guess. Just for a minute."

"I'm sorry but this is my girlfriend. I don't think she'd appreciate that." The girl then eyed me weirdly too.

"It's fine." I said shockingly. Chris looked at me in disbelief.

"What?" He questioned.

"It's fine, babe. I'll wait."

"Great!" The girl smiled at him and then grabbed his arm dragging him back over to her friends. They all greeted him and he kept looking back at me confused.

I sighed and looked away. I was observing the garden. There were so many beautiful flowers around me. So many different kinds. I began to walk and look at the flowers closely. Their names were listed.

Astranita, Astilbe, Angelonia, Anemone, Amaranthus.

"Amaranthus. Amar...Amaran. Amaranthus." I tried to pronounce. "Amara." I smiled. "Amara." I rubbed my stomach satisfied with the way that sounded. It sounded strong to me. Amara.

"What the hell was that?" Chris said running back over to me. I looked at him.

"What?"

"You know what their intentions were, why didn't you do anything?"

"Because they don't threaten me. Plus I trust you."

"Right." He looked at me as if he thought my reason was dumb or something.

"Listen to this. Amara."

"Amara?"

"Amara." I smiled.

"This is another baby name huh."

"Well yes but I didn't force it this time."

"You made it up?"

"No, not exactly. But do you like it? Amara."

"I think it sounds beautiful."

"Really?"

"Yeah I do."

"So we can name her that?" I wrapped my arms around his waist and looked up at him.

"Yes, baby. Amara Grace Brown."

"Grace?"

"I've always liked that name."

"Amara Grace Brown. I love it." He lifted my chin up and kissed me.

"Of course you do."