Day #33

Chris Brown

Savannah had invited me over her place to have dinner and talk about some things tonight so I found it as the perfect opportunity to propose to her.

I was in the moment, I felt strong about making her mine for real so I wasn't having any doubts about my decision whether my friends agree with it or not. I know Savannah is the only one I want.

"Hey, baby." I kissed her cheek as I walked into her house. The lights were dimmed low and I could see the dining room table already set from the elevator. It made my nervous.

"Hi." She said softly.

"Is this a date?" I asked her with a smile. She chuckled.

"No, not exactly. I just have some things I wanna talk about with you tonight."

"Great, I do too." She looked at me surprised.

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Like what?" She asked.

"Let's just sit down first okay?"

Savannah and I got situated in the house before sitting down at the table. When we did, she lit some candles and we began eating.

"So how have you been?" She asked taking a sip of her wine.

"Could be better. How about you?" I asked thinking about how she's been running around with the white boy.

"Fine," there was a short pause. "So, Chris. I know you know I've been seeing Christian a lot lately.."

"This is what you wanna talk to me about? Him?"

"Babe, just listen please. Let me finish."

"Do you like him?"

"Chris."

"Just be honest with me, please. I won't be mad if you do." She took a deep breath.

"I do like him."

As soon as she admitted to it, I became even more nervous. What if she was just leading up to having to tell me she chooses him? That they're gonna be together?

I took that as an opportunity to pop the question before the topic went any further.

"Savannah." I got out of my chair and walked over to her, leaning down.

"Yes?"

"I love you, baby. I love you."

"I love you too."

"And there's no one I would rather be with but you. I know you're attracted to this man, I get that. But what we have is more than some physical and sexual attraction. What we have is so much more than that, it's so much deeper. It's worth fighting for and I wanna show you that, Savannah." I reached my hand in my pocket to pull out the ring that's worth more than I'll ever get paid in my life.

"Chris." Savannah gasped and a tear fell down her cheek.

"I know we're in a bad state right now. When aren't we? But I'm serious about you, girl." I pulled the box out and opened it getting on my knee. "Savannah Elaine Love Underwood? Will you marry me, baby?"

"What the hell are you doing?" She said unexpectedly.

"Uh, proposing to you..?" She looked at me for a moment before she covered her face with her hands and started crying. I put the ring on the table and grabbed her arms.

"Baby. Baby, why are you crying?"

"Cuz you just proposed to me." She cried.

"Because I love you, baby."