Day #30

Savannah Underwood

"Orders from Mike. I need the surveillance footage  from Thursday night, from his office." I said to the security guards in their office.

"Orders from Mike?" One asked.

"Yes," I lied.

The man elbowed the other security guard. "Get him on the phone."

"No." I said nervously. They both looked up at me. "He's in a meeting right now, you shouldn't call. And just so you know, I'm Savannah Underwood; his assistant. He wants me to get the footage so, I should have that in my hand without question."

"Transfer it." The man said, shaking his head and turning his back on me.

After waiting for a few minutes, the footage was now on a CD, from his office.

The footage from Thursday night was when Mike molested me. It's not that I want a reminder of what happened that night, but with this footage, I can easily hold it against Mike. Blackmail even. I'm not that type of person, but I will if I have to.

"Savannah!" Rachel said excitedly as I suspiciously walked out of my office.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Where have you been? I haven't seen you since Thursday." She said as she hugged me.

"I just needed a little break. That's all. But I'm back now."

"That's good."

"How have things been here? How's Mike?"

"He's .. he's different."

"What do you mean?"

"Go see for yourself. Have you seen him today?"

"No, but I'll have to go in there soon to bring him his coffee and an update."

"Does he know you took a break?"

"Sure does." I sighed.

I didn't really have a break. I just haven't been going into work since that night. It's only been three work days though, not much. But it's not like he can be mad. He should know why I haven't been coming to work.

"Good morning. Here's your coffee." I greeted as I walked into Mike's office. When he heard my voice, he turned around surprised. I eyed him a bit.

"Underwood."

"I better get to work. I know I've missed a lot." I tried to rush out of the office but he stopped me.

"Not so fast."

"Do you need something?" I asked turning to look at him. He got out of his chair and walked around his desk, up to me.

"Where have you been?" He asked as if he already knew.

"Don't ask me that. You know why I haven't been coming to work."

"I should fire you. You don't get to miss work just because you don't want to come. That's not how this works."

"What you did to me last week, some people- excuse me, some women, have the hardest time moving on from that and don't let that go. I just took a few days off, at least I didn't quit and at least I didn't report this."

"I was drunk."

"That's an excuse. You crossed a line that shouldn't be crossed between a boss and a worker, a married man and another woman, and a woman and man. Even if you were drunk."

"You think you're doing something with your little threats and statements? You make over 180,000 dollars a year at this job. You report what happened, you lose your job too. All that money you were making? Gone. So go ahead, Underwood. Report it."