Day #32

Chris Brown

"She's still talking to that fuck nigga?!" I said angrily while talking to Kj and Jocelyn.

"I said too much, damn." Jocelyn tried to run out the room but I grabbed her arm.

"Nah, you just getting started."

"Seriously, if you wanna know something go ask ya girl." She jerked out of my grip.

"But why do that when you're right here?"

"I really don't wanna get in the middle of her little love triangle or duo thing y'all got going on so no. Go ask Savannah, Chris."

"Just tell him baby," Kj said to Jocelyn as she sat on his lap. "If Savannah is messing around with another guy while her and Chris tryna fix things then he deserves to know."

"Thank you." I said with a smile.

"Whatever." Jocelyn rolled her eyes.

"Is she feeling this white boy?"

"You know Savannah. She never knows what she wants. She's so stuck between you and him."

"There's no way. We've got too much history together for her to be stuck between me and some guy she only knew for a few weeks."

"Yeah you've got history but what if she's ready for something new?"

"I didn't just come back to this bullshit of a state to lose the only girl I was ever in love with. No, fuck that."

"So if it does come down to her choosing between you and the other nigga, what are you gonna do?" Kj asked.

"What do you think? I'm gonna fight for her. I'm gonna fight for what's mine." Jocelyn rolled her eyes again.

"I don't get why you didn't just do that in fucking first place. But no, you wanted to fuck around with other girls and then realize what you had."

"That may be true. And I'm not gonna sit here and say it wasn't. But I can't change what I've done.  I put Savannah in the mindset she has now and I'm gonna try and fix it."

"You don't understand. Savannah has been on another level for a while now."

"I don't care. That's my baby girl and I'm gonna fight for her till the day I die. Whether we're together or not, I'm always gonna fight for her."

"Well, pretty boy got her in a daze right now it seem like." Kj said.

"Y'all know if they had sex?" I asked.

"No they didn't." Jocelyn blurted out.

"How you know?"

"She would tell me if they did."

"What else she tell you? And you might as well say everything, lay it all out right now so I can take what I know and go from there."

"I don't want this to end in some fight, Chris." She said shaking her head. I wrinkled up my face at her.

"The fuck? If I gotta kick a bitch ass to get my girl back then I will."

"No, you gotta be mature about the situation. Savannah not gonna be with it if all you're gonna do is fight. That'll make you look bad." Kj said thinking. I rolled my eyes.

"She really likes him too." Jocelyn added.

"Yeah well, she loves me. And I know that."

"She can love you and still want to try something new. You know, you ever think you waited too long? All this time you could have had her and now another man is stepping up."

"That's bullshit, me proving myself to her is what I've been doing this whole time and that's what she wanted."

"Doing that is like a break. You find out if what y'all have is still real or if it's not. And maybe it's not for Savannah."

"Jocelyn what the fuck?!" I yelled.

"I'm being honest with you!"

"Do you want her to be with Christian? Be honest." She went silent for a moment.

"I love you, Chris. But maybe Savannah needs an older guy who knows how to treat a woman."

"You're saying I don't know how?"

"I mean-"

"Stop right there." I walked up to Jocelyn and got in her face. "Never did anything to hurt Savannah. Nothing. Yeah maybe the girls I was with before her, but I was never in love with them. I'm in love with her and I would not hurt her."

"So you don't think sleeping with the other women you've been sleeping with isn't hurting her?"

"Look we aren't together right now."

"Yet what you do still hurts her."

I wanted to say something back but I didn't think of it that way so I had nothing to say.

"You guys need to calm the hell down." Kj said getting in between us.

"No, you just need to get your girl in check."

"Shut the fuck up, Chris. It's not my fault Savannah found someone better."

"Some dude she met at the bar and probably only wants to sleep with is not better!

"You don't know that."

"Look, I'm gonna get her back."

"How?"

"I'm gonna ask her to marry me."

"Whoa, whoa. Slow down." Kj said.

"Are you serious?" Jocelyn asked.

"Dead ass."

"Dude, you're 21."

"I know how old I am. But I'm in love with her."

"You can be in love with someone and not get married. Especially at that age." She said to me.

"I don't care." Kj pushed Jocelyn off his lap and walked up to me and looked me in the eye.

"I known you my whole life and you ain't never been the type of nigga to rush shit."

"I'm not rushing anything."

"You in love with Savannah, I get that. But marrying her to keep other niggas away from her and out her pants ain't the way to go and you know that."

"I'm marrying her because I want to."

"Not now, not yet. You not ready."

"She's the only girl I wanna spend the rest of my life with. The only girl, the only woman."

"Chris there are other ways to get her and keep her, you know that."

"I'm doing it. The money I've been saving for a new place, I'm gonna use it to be the ring." I grabbed my phone and headed towards the door.

"You really need to stop and think about what you're doing!" Kj yelled.

He's my best friend and what's been coming out his mouth don't seem like he's too happy about me deciding to propose to Savannah. But I'm doing it with or without his support.