Day #27

Savannah Underwood

I walked into the bar nervously with Kj, Jocelyn, and Tip. I didn't want to be here, I just wanted to be at home occupying myself in some way. But they all insisted I come with them and they promised not to invite Chris.

"Just go out and enjoy yourself." Jocelyn said as we all walked.

"I don't know about this."

"Savannah, you need to get back out there."

"I'm fine, when it's time for another man to be in my life then I'll know it."

"Look you need to fuck. Get your mind off of Chris." Tip said putting his hand on my shoulder. I laughed.

"I'm not about to have sex with a random guy!"

"Well Chris is and we know you're mad about it. So now you need to have sex and get back at him." Jocelyn persuaded.

"I'm not about that revenge stuff."

"You fuck another nigga and he'll come crawling back. No questions asked, baby girl." Tip said.

"Why can't he be crawling back because he wants to be with me? Not because he's mad I had sex with someone else."

"Look, just do it. It'll be fun. Go mingle."

"I don't know about this." I looked around the club nervously. 

"Sav, you're young, you're sexy; it can't be that hard for you to find a guy in here who's interested enough to have sex with you."

I looked at him weirdly. That couldn't have sounded more stupider. All of them, I wasn't here to have sex with a random guy to get back at Chris. I wasn't here to have sex at all. I was here to get my mind off of Chris in a causal way with them. Not this way.

"Fine." I agreed. Jocelyn smiled.

"Great!" She grabbed my arm and we headed towards the bar. "This is the easiest place in the bar to find a guy. All you have to do is sit here and pretend like you're doing something, maybe play on your phone and one by one they'll come."

"This is so dumb." I laughed taking a seat at the bar.

"The sex will be worth it though."

Not at all, whatsoever. I thought to myself.

She gave me a few tips before walking back over to Tip and Kj. I looked back and Kj gave me a thumbs up and a smile like the little boy he is. I sighed and got myself together and in character like they all wanted.

Just like they expected, men did willingly come up and try to talk to me and buy me drinks, but none of them were attractive or just not my type. 

"Can I have an Old Fashioned, no ice please." I asked the bartender while fixing my hair. He nodded his head and began making my drink.

"That's not the kind of drink to drink at a place like this." Someone said with a laugh while sitting next to me. 

"Yeah well, I don't plan on getting drunk or tipsy tonight. Just trying to keep it simple." I said digging through my purse, looking for my ID and some money.