Day #48

Chris Brown

I covered the baby's car seat with a blanket getting ready to take her out of the car. We were finally bringing her home after three weeks. 

I won't say these three weeks have been easy because they haven't. Especially not on Savannah. The baby is constantly needing attention for whatever reason, there's rarely any time for anything.

"You ready?" I asked Savannah opening the door for her. She was still in a lot of pain for some reason. I guess it was just a really difficult deliver for her.

"Yeah." I grabbed the baby's car seat and diaper bag out the back seat and with my other hand, I helped Savannah out of the car.

"Take your time." I told her. She took a deep breath and continued to get out the car. I shut the doors and then grabbed her hand walking her to the door.

"Do you need help?"

"No. You just get in the house, Sav." I unlocked the door letting her in. We walked in and I set the diaper bag on the floor.

"Welcome home, Audrey." Savannah said peaking at her through the blanket. 

"What do you wanna do? Do you wanna take a shower, lay down, eat. What do you wanna do?"

"Let's just get her situated first."  

"Can you make it up the stairs?"

"Yeah. Come on." She picked up the diaper bag off the floor and we went upstairs to the baby's room. Savannah unpacked the bag and I took the baby out of her car seat. 

"There we go, baby girl." I carried her over to her crib and laid her down. 

"We should put a mini fridge in here and a microwave for bottles." Savannah suggested. I looked at her and chuckled.

"That's different."

"It's better than going down all those stairs."

"Yeah, I'll think about that." I lied. If anything we should just put that in our room. I don't think putting all that in the baby's room is a good idea.

"All right." I walked over to the drawer and picked up the baby monitors.

"Time to put these babies to use. Have you tested them out?"

"Give me one." I handed her one and she walked over to the other side of the room. I made a fake crying noise.

"It works?" She laughed setting it down by the baby's crib.

"It works."

"Good." She nodded her and took a deep breath.

"We have a baby." I smiled.

"We do."

"Thank you. For everything." She wrapped her arms around my neck and I wrapped mine around her waist kissing her lips.

"Stop thanking me for things. You don't have to thank me for anything."

"Then how do you want me to show you my appreciation?" 

"Give me good head. Good sex." I said with a smile. She bit her lip and kissed me again.

"Whatever you want."

"Whatever I want?" I repeated.

"Whatever. Anything, baby."

"Bet. Let's go though, before she wakes up." With that Savannah and I walked out of the room and into our own. We both took a quick shower because there was an annoying hospital smell going around the house and it was irritating.