Day #6

Chris Brown

I spent a good week at my parents house before actually going back to my own place. I was prepared for a lot of change.

My parents aren't going to be paying the bills anymore because now that I'm back and I'm grown, it's up to me now and for the rest of my life to take care of myself.

That comes with finding a job first of all. Can't do much without a job. There's a lot to do but it's better than being in the Air Force. Why? Because when you're doing something like that for your country, your life doesn't mean shit. If you don't make it, you don't make it. They'll remember you when they need to and that's it.

"Whoa." I said walking into my apartment. Everything was pretty much the way I left it. There was just opened mail and other things scattered across the coffee table and the smell of Savannah throughout the room.

She smells like a mix of vanilla and her favorite body wash, Total Attraction, from Victoria's Secret.

I just wondered why I smelt her.

"Hey, who's been paying the bills at my place?" I asked my dad over the phone.

"Savannah has."

"Really? Why?"

"She felt like she should. And she did ever since you left."

"Wow."

Savannah and I's current status is still unknown. I don't know if we're friends or what. We're not in a relationship though and that's the worst part about it. I haven't even talked to her ever since I got back in town. I guess the few kisses we shared that night were just for old times' sake.

"Maybe I should call her." I said.

"She changed her number."

"Why?"

"She never explained why but I think she's really trying to move past everything that has happened these past few years. She's really trying to forget all that."

"But why?"

"You have to ask her, son."

"There's no way I can contact her! I don't have her number, I don't know where she lives. This is all bullshit."

"I'll call and ask her if it's all right to give you her number."

"Why can't you just give it to me, man?" I sighed in annoyance.

"Because Christopher, you are one of the reasons she is the way she is now. A lot has changed. I'm just trying to do the right thing here."

"That's my ex girlfriend, I shouldn't need permission to get her fucking number."

"Who are you talking to?" I rolled my eyes.

"No one. Look, just call her or give me her number like I said before. I have to go though. There's a lot that needs to be done."

"All right." With that being said, I hung up the phone in frustration.

I didn't understand why Savannah has been trying to move on so bad. Clearly she can't but then again, neither can I. We've been through too much together and one things for sure, through all the shit, we had love. And we still have love. But it's nice to see Savannah is still denying how she feels about me. I swear, I've never met someone as difficult as Savannah is.