Day #43

Savannah Underwood

"I want to find his mom. I want to meet her." I said to Kj on the phone.

"You're crazy." 

"And I'm serious. What has he said about her to you?  I'm sure he's said something."

"He doesn't talk about his mom. Ever."

"Why?"

"Well why would he? The kind of love he should have gotten from his mom, he didn't. Why don't you know this? Aren't you supposed to be his wife?" I smirked.

"I'm not his wife."

"Yeah well you're definitely more than a girlfriend that's for sure."

"Look are you gonna help me or not?" I asked.

"Savannah, I think you should just leave it alone. I mean if he wanted to know where his mom was he would've looked for her a long time ago. Or asked his dad. Have you asked his dad?"

"I'm not gonna get a straight answer from him, I don't expect him to tell me anyway."

"Well then that should mean something. Stay out of that part of their lives. She's not in their lives for a reason."

"I just want to meet her. I want to see the woman who gave me such a great man. I wanna know who she is. And why she broke him."

"And where do I come in?"

"Chris isn't gonna let me out the house alone as long as I'm pregnant. I need you to somehow get him out the house. Get him to go to your place so I can go while he's gone."

"I don't know about this. If Chris found out I put you and the baby in danger somehow, he'd kill me, man. I'd kill myself. Like I don't even wanna take that risk, Savannah."

"Please, Kj. I'll be fine. I'm not incapable of doing anything, I can handle myself."

"But you're pregnant."

"I think you should just let it go honestly."

"And I'm not going to dammit! Now I'm gonna ask you one more time... will you help me?"

"Oh my gosh, why me?" He cried.

"Because I know you'll help me." The was a short pause.

"Fine I'll help your stubborn ass. But that doesn't mean I agree with this at all because I don't. What you're doing is crazy and you know if he finds out he'll be pissed."

"I can handle him. Now bye."I threw my phone to the side and pulled out my computer.

I searched the name Angela Brown. I'm not sure what her name is now but at one point in time it was Angela Brown. It was a difficult search but I came across an Angela Brown that was at a Rehabilitation center right outside of New York. I copied down the address and went to check on Chris. I also texted Kj to do whatever he had to do to get Chris to come over.

"Babe." I walked into the living room and Chris was laying on the couch watching basketball. 

"What's up?"

"I'm just checking on you. Are you okay? Do you want anything to eat?" I asked.

"I just had a whole bowl of spaghetti. I should be fine for now. Do you want anything? I can make you something." He offered.

"I got it." I went into the kitchen and grabbed a banana. When I came out Chris's phone beeped and he picked it up. I was hoping it was something from Kj.

"Kj wants me to come over." I smiled lightly.

"You gonna go?" I walked over to him.

"Not unless you're coming too."