Day #4

Savannah Underwood

"Mmmm." I moaned as James kissed me.

Yeah, it was the James from my job. I invited him over to apologize for how I've been acting and it came down to this.

I have absolutely no feelings for him. But I don't know what I want right now. All I know is that, I miss affection and having someone beside me. I've been messing around with a lot of guys lately ever since I went out with Jocelyn and them that night because of it. Of course, not even doing all that is gonna fill the emptiness I always have. But it'll hold me over until I find someone to replace Chris.

"You don't know how long I've been waiting for that." He said pulling away for me. I wrinkled up my face looking down at my lap.

"Uh, yeah." I mumbled. Before he could answer, my phone started vibrating in my pocket.

It was Mary. I hoped nothing had happened with Chris and he was still okay. I hoped that this would be a good call and not a bad one.

"Gotta take this." I climbed off the couch and ran into the kitchen.

"I'll be here." He yelled. I rolled my eyes and put the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Savannah. How are you?" Mary asked. She sounded like she was in a good mood.

"I'm fine. Is Chris okay? Is everything all right?" I put my hand over my chest as my heart started pounding rapidly.

"Yes. Everything is fine, he's good." I sighed in relief.

"Thank God. So why'd you call? Did something happen to you or ...?" She laughed.

"I'm okay too. I just wanted to know if you'd like to come over tonight. It's been a while, it'd be nice to have you back."

"I don't know, Mary. I kind of don't like the vibe of not being there with Chris. It'll be weird."

"Savannah, it'll be fine. Trust me. This is very important though so I'd like you to come."

"What's so important?" I questioned her.

"Come over and you'll see." I sighed.

"Okay, Mary. I'll be there in a half an hour."

"Great! See you soon." With that, she hung up the phone in excitement. I wondered why she was so excited.

"I have to go to someone's house so uh, you'll have to go." I informed James while walking back into the living room.

"Really? I just got here. Can't they wait?" He asked.

"No it's important." He sighed getting up and grabbing his things.

"All right. I guess I'll see y-"

"You can come if you'd like. I'm sure they won't mind." He looked at me and smiled.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"Cool." He walked up to me and leaned down to kiss me.

"Not ... not right now, James." I said dodging his lips. He nodded his head.

"Okay then."