Day #19

Savannah Underwood

I flat-ironed the last piece of my hair in Chris's bathroom and watched him walk in behind me. We were both getting ready for work which was pretty exciting considering today was his first day. I was excited for him.

"You look very handsome." I said turning around to look him up and down.

"Thank you, baby girl." He kissed my cheek and I adjusted his tie a little.

"A successful man is so attractive. It's sexy."

"Same goes to you. You're successful, it makes everything more worth it." I smiled and let go of him, looking in the mirror one more good time.

"You know, something has been crossing my mind lately."

"What is it?" He asked, pulling his cologne out of the drawer.

"With the baby coming and everything else that's been going on, I think it's about time we talk about moving in to one place together. Don't you think?" He stopped what he was doing and looked at me.

"What?"

"We need to think about moving in together."

"Savannah, that's a big step."

"It wouldn't be like anything changed. We're always over each others' places now. And then the baby will be here in a few months, we need to be in one house, Chris."

"One house?"

"What did you think? That we were gonna raise the baby in two separate houses? Seriously?"

"No, no, it's not that. I just haven't thought about any of that yet. I like my space, Savannah."

"It's not about you anymore, it's about this baby."

"Look, we'll talk more about this later. Right now, you need to go and so do I. How have things been at work lately anyway?"

"Don't change the subject, Chris." He rolled his eyes walking back into the bedroom.

"I'm not changing the subject. But this whole conversation is going to need more than five minutes to be discussed. Just save it until tonight, all right?"

"Fine." I combed my hair one last time before throwing on my button-up coat and heels.

"Do you want me to take you? I know you've been having some brake problems." Chris said as we made our way to the front of his apartment.

"They're not that serious. I'll get it looked at tomorrow. I should be fine for today."

"Are you sure?" He questioned. I giggled.

"Yes, I'll be fine."

"All right. I love you, baby girl."

"I love you too." He gave me a quick peck on my lips and we both walked out, parting our ways and going down different hallways in the building.

I was nervous to be driving alone today. It's been a while since I've driven alone ... let alone pregnant. But I don't want to seem incapable of doing things for myself. I don't want to use any of my medical problems, my health, or my pregnancy as an excuse at all. But on a day like this with my car issues, it would have been nice if Chris took my to work. It's a rainy day and driving in the condition I am makes me nervous. But it's his first day at work, I'm not gonna get in the way of it.

"Here we go." I said putting my umbrella down and climbing into the car. I turned the heat on, buckled myself up, turned the seat warmer on, put on my music, and adjusted my seat and mirror.