Day #21

Savannah Underwood

"We're still deciding on what would be the right thing to do, we don't know yet." I said to Jayla and Jocelyn.

Jayla has been M.I.A. since I graduated my first year in college but ever since everyone started finding out about my pregnancy, people have been coming back into my life.

"I think you guys should stay together. It's been two years and I get you can't just pick up where you left off, but y'all are in love." Jocelyn answered.

"That's true. Chris is in love with you." Jayla agreed.

"I get that but we need to get to know each other again."

"You don't have to break up to do that."

"We'd be starting off on a clean slate if we did." They both rolled their eyes.

"You two are having a kid together. I don't think breaking up is the best decision, especially when you guys aren't even married."

"Speaking of kid, I have an appointment to go to in a few." I got off the couch and slipped on my shoes.

"Yeah, good luck with that." Jayla said to me.

"Thanks, girl." I grabbed my keys and headed towards the door. "I'll see you guys later."

I was just praying this check up goes well. Every check up I got to, it makes me nervous. I never know what I'm in for hearing and every time I go,  there seems to be a new issue.

But I'm trying to make it through this pregnancy for Chris. I know everything will be okay in the end.

"Hey, you ready? I'm headed over to your place now." I said to Chris over the phone.

"I'm almost ready. I should be by the time you get here."

"All right."

"You nervous?" He asked.

"Of course I'm nervous, Chris." I sighed wiping my forehead. I was so nervous, I was sweating.

"It's gonna be okay, baby girl. I'm gonna be right there with you, everything is going to be all right."

"I hope so."

"You know, pregnancies can be easy sometimes and sometimes they're not.  Even if you don't have it easy, I'm here for you. I'm supporting you through all this and we're going to make it through together. You're going to deliver this baby in six months and you know, we'll be a family." I sighed looking at my lap at the stop light.

"Will we be a family, Chris?" There was a short silence between us.

"I get that we have some stuff going on right now but either way we'll be a family. Whether we're together or not, I'll be there. I'm not leaving you."

"I just hope that it all works out."

"It will, Savannah."

"We need to talk more about this too. If we're going to continue this relationship or give each other some space."

"We don't have to break up to get to know each other again, baby."