Day #37

Chris

"Can you stop freaking out, I'm not pregnant." Savannah said following me into the living room.

"You threw up the other night and you've been so moody lately." 

"Chris, stop talking."

"Your period! Have you gotten your period?"

"Yes, babe. I started it today."

"Was there anything off?"

"I mean it's been a little light but that's normal."

"No. No, that's not normal!"

"I've had a period since I was 11, how are you gonna tell me?"

"Take your bra off." I ran up to her.

"No, dude. Get out my face." She pushed me away from her.

"Baby, all seriousness. Take your bra off." She squinted her eyes at me and then did as I said. I watched her throw her shirt to the side and then take off her bra. 

"What now?" She shrugged her shoulders and I took a deep breath examining her boobs.

"They look bigger, Savannah."

"Well they're not. You're just fucking paranoid. I've never seen you like this, this is weird." She gave me a dirty look before I grabbed both her boobs and felt them.

"Ow!" She said.

"Ow?"

"They're swollen, that hurts."

"Swollen breasts is a sign of pregnancy."

"Chris, I'm on my damn period! I can't be pregnant." I shook my head and let them go.

"You fucking jinxed it the other night. You said we haven't had any pregnancy scares since we started having sex and look, we're having a pregnancy scare. I should have knocked on some damn wood that night!"

"We're not having a pregnancy scare, you are."

"You said your period was light. You could be spotting. And who knows when I got you pregnant. We've been having sex way too much this past month and a half to even do the calculations. It could have been at any time.

"Have you not been nauseous lately?"

"Yes but that's because my period."

"And then you threw up. How is this not enough information to convince you?"

"Because I'm on my period dammit!"

"You could be spotting! A lot of pregnant women mistake it for their periods! Yes I did my research!"

"This is crazy." She laughed.

"One more question. Do you want some grilled cheese?" She thought for a moment.

"Actually yes. I could go for some grilled cheese right now."

"You hate cheese! How could you go for some grilled cheese and you hate cheese?! The cravings, Savannah! You want things you don't even like!"

"I'm just going off of my taste buds."

"Your damn taste buds because the baby! You are pregnant."

"Do you want me to be pregnant? How could you go from wanting me to get on birth control to wanting me to be pregnant? I don't understand."

"If you're pregnant, I'm going to handle it like a man should. But I'm not going to answer that question."

"Because you want me to be."