Day #46

Savannah Underwood

"You're still hungry?" Kj asked asked looking at me across the restaurant table. Him and Jocelyn took me out to eat while Chris was at work.

"I'll pay for this meal, just let me eat." I said looking through the menu.

"Yeah, just let her eat, baby." Jocelyn said to Kj.

"We're overfeeding her. Chris said no more than-"

"Is Chris here?" I questioned him. Jocelyn sighed and looked at me.

"No he's not. Don't worry about paying, Savannah. Just eat whatever until you get full I guess." She said.

"Until she gets full? If that was the case we should have just taken her to Golden Corral. We don't have all the money in the world, Jocelyn."

"Look whose damn idea was it to take her out to eat? I said the movies."

"I said no to that because I'd have to pay for her all of our tickets and their expensive ass food. There was no going into the theater without food for Savannah and you know that."

"Just let her eat." He shook his head and leaned over the table taking hold of both my hands.

"Look, baby girl. Ya girl and I can take you to our house before Chris gets off and I can make you a smackin' peanut butter and jelly sandwich, how's that sound to you? Cuz it sounds free to me."

"I said I'd pay for my own meal."

"It'd be your third meal, Sav. And Chris told us not spend more than 50 on your meal and we've exceeded that limit already. He even said to not let you eat too much because you'll throw up. You don't wanna throw up do you? Throwing up is no fun, kid."

"I throw up everyday. I'm used to it."

"We can make you anything you want at our place. But we ain't ballin' big enough for you to eat this much. And I don't wanna not do what Chris asked by watching over his lady how he asked me to. C'mon."

"I said I can pay for my own meal this time around. You don't have to pay."

"Jocelyn is not gonna let you pay and you know that."

"You see all this extra shit is taking up time. Just leave me alone. I'm eating for two like I should be able to eat whatever I want and as much as I want!"

"Okay you stubborn little person. You leave me no choice. I'm gonna have to call the authorities." Kj got up from the table and pulled out his phone.

"This is ridiculous." Jocelyn said shaking her head at him.

"Whose the authorities?" I asked with a smile.

"You know who the authorities is." He dialed a number and put the phone up to his ear.

"Chris?"

"Yes Chris."

"You think calling him is gonna stop me from ordering my meal?" Before he could answer, I guess Chris picked up the phone.

"Yo, Chris. Your girl is outta control! She's yelling at me like she ain't got no sense, she's jumping up on tables, throwing things at me and Joce, and she's eating everything in  this damn restaurant! I tried to stop her, you know I did. But she's not gonna listen to me." I laughed listening to him talk.

"Get your mans, Jocelyn." She laughed and then Kj handed me the phone.

"He wants to talk to you." I rolled my eyes and snatched the phone out of his hand and put it to my ear.