Day #49

Chris Brown

"Can mommy take a picture of you? Can you smile for mommy? Smile." Savannah said to the baby with her phone in one hand. She was tickling her with the other hand. 

"Where the fuck is my cologne?" I said looking through our dresser. Savannah smacked her teeth and looked at me.

"Can you not cuss around her, Chris? Like is it really that hard?"

"It is that hard."

"Well stop. I'm not even playing."

"Savannah, she can't understand what I'm saying! She's three months old for fuck's sake."

"We're really about to fight."

"Fight me then, little girl." I bucked at her and sprayed on the cologne I was looking for.

"Throw that away, I can't take the smell of that one."

"You bought me this. Since when?"

"Since I got pregnant with her, babe. I cannot stand that smell."

"I just sprayed this shit all on my shirt."

"Don't listen to your daddy, baby. Don't listen to that crazy man talking crazy." I rolled my eyes and walked into the closet to change my shirt.

"The things I do for love."

"Chris, hurry up before we miss this flight. We still have to drop her off at your parents house."

"We're not gonna miss it."

Savannah and I are going out of town for a few days to get away from our beloved New York. We're going to Florida to a beach house under our name so no need for a hotel anymore when we ever plan to go down there. And I love my daughter, but some of the stuff I plan on doing with and to my baby Savannah, Audrey can't be there for.

"I don't know how I feel about leaving her, babe. I've never been a part from her since she was born." Savannah said looking back at the baby in her car seat as we pulled up to my parents house.

"Five days isn't anything, baby." 

"It is to me." She whined.

"She's in good hands. And there's no other place to take her that's her family besides Mary and my dad."

"We could just take her with us."

"I'm not fucking you in front of her." Savannah laughed and looked at me.

"Are you even trying not to cuss around her?"

"Not really. Now come on. I gotta make one more stop after this and then we can go to the airport."

"Which is where?" She asked unbuckling her seat belt and getting out the car.

"Tip's house." I carried the baby inside the house and Savannah carried her diaper bags and things of that nature.

"I'm so excited!" Mary said immediately grabbing the car seat out of my hand. I wrinkled up my face at her and laughed.

"Whoa, be careful." I said to her.

"Hi, baby! Hi there, girl! I missed you!" She said in a baby voice. I watched as she set the car seat down and took the things from Savannah's hands.

"Where's dad?" I asked.

"He's working right now and your sister isn't coming home till later. She'll be excited about the baby staying here for a few days." 

"Are you sure you're okay with watching her? Five days is a lot and she's still young. It might get a little difficult, you know? Especially at night." Savannah said.