Day #47

Savannah Underwood

The doctors went on and induced me anyway. I did try and talk them out of it, saying that we should just continue the pregnancy until the due date. But they said she was ready and so was my body. There'd be no point in waiting it out for a few more weeks.

They induced me the morning after my water broke and I've been having contractions for the past two days. They said since it's my first child, the process would take a little longer than it would if it wasn't my first child.

"Oh my God!" I screamed in pain. Chris walked over to me and reached for my hand but I slapped his hand away.

"Do not touch me!" I yelled at him. He glanced at the doctors embarrassingly and then back at me. They weren't paying me any mind because apparently it's best to leave the mother alone when she's having contractions. They were just keeping an eye on the monitors mainly.

"Savannah, are you serious? You're really gonna act like this right now?" He whispered-yelled at me.

"This is your fault." I cried.

"What's my fault?"

"You fucking did this to me. You did this to me."

"And I'm sorry, whatever this is. But stop crying." He kneeled down to my height.

"You got me pregnant and now I'm having these fucking contractions because of you! You didn't wanna wait."

"Babe, we talked about this. It wasn't up to me-" I grabbed my stomach and leaned forward screaming in pain.

"Leave me alone, Chris." I cried.

"You really want me to leave you alone when you're about to give birth to our child?"

"I don't know but I'm mad at you!"

"Please stop crying."

"I'm following my gut. I know this isn't gonna be a smooth process and you don't care!"

"Baby, I do care."

"No you don't." I turned away from him crying silently.

"Yes I do. I just- I can't really say anything up against the doctors."

"Those people don't got nothing on the mother and father. And if they still tried to do this then I was gonna take my ass to another fucking hospital!"

"It doesn't work like that, Savannah."

"Matter of fact. Fuck this. I'm not having her. Not today." I grabbed the side of the bed and forced myself out of it.

"What are you doing?" Chris asked watching me.

"I'm not having her today. I'm not doing it, it's too risky and I'm scared that something will happen to her. I'm doing it."

"Ms. Underwood, you need to lay down." One of the doctors said as they all turned their attention to me.

"Shut the fuck up, nigga." I ripped all of the things they attached to me off and continued towards the door.

"Savannah get back in the bed." Chris said running over to me.

"If any of you lay a finger on me, I'ma bite it off. Do not test me!"

"You're about to give birth, please don't leave the room." Another doctor said. I ignored them all and made my way into the hallway. Chris followed immediately.

"Baby, stop. You're acting crazy." I walked up to him angrily.

"You think I'm crazy? Then why the fuck you with me, Chris? You can't handle me now? All of a sudden? Are you cheating me?" He wrinkled up his face at me.